Friday, July 29, 2011

Fetch me Friday

Been a busy week with basketball camp for my daughter and football for my son ( I think I may cry). It was also my son’s 6th birthday. Whew! I squeezed in some reading in between all the activities. I’m right on target with my summer to be read list and I’m starting to plan and plot my fall list. Feel free to send me suggestions. Also taking a trip to Richmond August 4 to meet Sherrilyn Kenyon! I can’t wait to get my copy of Nick signed!!! Getting ready for that trip to Philly as well. Someone warn them that we’re coming!

The Beast in Him by Shelly Laurenston

Some things are so worth waiting for. Like the moment when Jessica Ward "accidentally" bumps into Bobby Ray Smith and shows him just how far she's come since high school. Back then, Jess's gangly limbs and bruised heart turn to jelly any time Smitty's "all the better to ravish you with" body came near her. So, some things haven't changed. Except now Jess is a success on her own terms. And she can enjoy a romp-or twenty-with a big, bad wolf and walk away. Easy.
The sexy, polished CEO who hires Smitty's security firm might be a million miles from the loveable geek he knew, but her kiss, her touch, is every bit as hot as he imagined. Jess was never the kind to ask for help, and she doesn't want it now, not even with someone targeting her Pack. But Smitty's not going to turn tail and run. Not before proving that their sheet-scorching animal lust is only the start of something even wilder…

I’ve had the best time reading this series. This one was a little drawn out but it kept me interested. Who doesn’t love the story of two grown adults who have denied their feelings for each other since high school? Bobby Ray walked away from nerdy Jess to keep from breaking her heart. Jess grew up into a successful CEO (and is still slightly nerdy. There’s nothing wrong with a good sword fight LOL) with the devotion of her own pack of wild dogs that I admire. Jess was so determined to show Bobby Ray what he missed and it drove him crazy. I loved that Jess made Bobby Ray work for it. Although he was ever so cocky! In the end I do give Bobby Ray credit he was trying so hard to do right by her.

I give this book 4 chocolate dipped strawberries and a sword. Cause like I said before nothing like a good sword fight!
PEACE!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for making a comment. We love to talk about books! To keep posted on everything going on with the Ndulgent Bloggers, FOLLOW us.

And, of course, INDULGE in something TODAY.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

NDULGE in Audiobooks

Aphrodite's Kiss
Like Honey
Blindness
Lifers
Given
Tease Me
Uncovering You: The Contract
Breathe Into Me
Deception
Promiscuous
Before You Break
When You're Ready
The Hazards of Skinny Dipping
The Rise of the Hotel Dumort
Being Chase
Misappropriate
Misled
Misled
The Amazon's Curse
Night Games


Ndulgent Bloggers's favorite books »