Friday, August 26, 2011

Fall over the falls Friday

It's Friday once again. Another busy week behind me. My kids are getting ready to go back to school and the college kids have already returned. Fall is around the corner which causes me a stupid amount of pain so let's not talk about it anymore. I'm heading to Gettysburg PA this morning for a soccer tourny. But let me tell you what I squeezed in this week....

The Mane Squeeze by Shelly Laurenston

Growing up on the tough Philly streets, Gwen O'Neill has learned how to fend for herself. But what is she supposed to do with a nice, suburban Jersey boy in the form of a massive Grizzly shifter? Especially one with a rather unhealthy fetish for honey, moose, and…uh…well, her. Yet despite his menacing ursine growl and four-inch claws, Gwen finds Lachlan "Lock" MacRyrie cute and really sweet. He actually watches out for her, protects her, and unlike the rest of her out-of-control family manages not to morbidly embarrass her. Too bad cats don't believe in forever.

At nearly seven feet tall, Lock is used to people responding to him in two ways: screaming and running away. Gwen-half lioness, half tigress, all kick-ass-does neither. She's sexy beyond belief and smart as hell, but she's a born protector. Watching out for the family and friends closest to her but missing the fact that she's being stalked by a murderous enemy who doesn't like hybrids…and absolutely hates Gwen. Lock probably shouldn't get involved, but he will. Why? Because this is Gwen-and no matter what the hissing, roaring, drape destroying feline says about not being ready to settle down, Lock knows he can't simply walk away. Not when she's come to mean absolutely everything to him.


It took me a awhile to get into this book. Not because it's not good but because I really wasn't into Gwen's character. I was expecting someone else's book to be next. I get that way when I'm reading a series and I have to wait on another character's book that I really wanna read (so waiting on Dee's book). The whole time I'm reading this book about bears I can only imagine them shifted and lounging around eating honey. LOL! I have to give Lock credit, he has nerves of steel to deal with Gwen. Most men wouldn't work that hard to get a woman.This is Tyra's (she who jumps over the line) favorite book in this series and it turned out to be one of mine also (all falling boxes that hit me in the head aside). I hate to cut this short but I have to hit the road. The soccer field calls me!

I give this story 4 chocolate dipped strawberries and a jar of honey. What you do with it is up to you:)
PEACE!
GO FLASH!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for making a comment. We love to talk about books! To keep posted on everything going on with the Ndulgent Bloggers, FOLLOW us.

And, of course, INDULGE in something TODAY.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

NDULGE in Audiobooks

Aphrodite's Kiss
Like Honey
Blindness
Lifers
Given
Tease Me
Uncovering You: The Contract
Breathe Into Me
Deception
Promiscuous
Before You Break
When You're Ready
The Hazards of Skinny Dipping
The Rise of the Hotel Dumort
Being Chase
Misappropriate
Misled
Misled
The Amazon's Curse
Night Games


Ndulgent Bloggers's favorite books »