Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Support My Rack!

Are you getting the point yet our lovely followers? Repetitive, annoying, lovingly presented - WE CARE! Support Breast Cancer Research, get your mammograms, check your boobies every month - and fellas, please remember 2% of breast cancer cases are male! 1 in 8 women will get breast cancer in their lifetimes - imagine you and your seven best friends - who would you give up? No one!!! FIGHT to save your wives, mothers, sisters, daughters, best friends, coworkers and even yourselves.

As for moi - it was a great whirlwind weekend for me! Drove to Georgia to see my uncle's wedding, saw tons of family and stayed with the greatest friends. I am truly lucky that my best friends kids and my kids always seem to get along - of course, they could be brawling in the backyard and we'd never notice it if it's one of THOSE weekends (great books conversations, wee bit o' wine, etc.) But seriously - it was lovely seeing the fall foliage on the drive both north and south and the weather held. Today's rain just felt cathartic (sorry Kim, I know it makes you crazy) and I love autumn for just that reason. It's that universal message to slow down, wind down from the frenzy of summer, put on a sweater and grab a juicy new read and that bag of Halloween candy you've been hiding on top of the fridge! Oh, and don't forget to enjoy a little eye candy while you're at it - who doesn't love a hot man in pink?!?!?!


ENTANGLED, an Anthology, on sale today! October 12, 2011 in stores and online!!!


THE FAT CAT by Edie Ramer (author of Cattitude, Galaxy Girls)


In a battle for the souls of seven women, a wizard has the god of war on his side; all the witch has is a fat, black cat.


I absolutely adore reading new authors in anthologies. Don't get me wrong, usually I buy the book for shorts from one or two recognizable names but this anthology was like a Who's Who of great paranormal authors. And Edie Ramer is now on my IT GIRL list! Snarky, sexy humor and well crafted storyline that grabbed me like the fat cat from the Humane Society and plopped into my heart! Irony of ironies - I am not a cat person.

The Fat Cat weaves the spell binding story of Tory, a witch on a mission to find a cat familiar, well actually a replacement for her ex boyfriend. Surprised beyond belief, she finds a fat black cat who apparently has the ability to project his thoughts into her mind. Not the kitten she'd hoped for, she settles on Samson and takes him home. Full of love and bad gas, Samson appreciates his new domain and Tory even attempts a spell to make her old, smelly cat something young and virile. He proves to be excellent backup when she heads off to save her oldest friend from a nasty soul-sucking warlock.

Ms. Ramer has that rare ability to write in a fashion that is both sexy and funny, without detracting from either. (I actually laughed so hard at one point, I had to wipe my eyes!) Feeling like a much longer piece, this short story packs a lot into it's tale - action, adventure, romance! I don't know how she did it but she made me believe in magic and cats - who knew?

I give this big Fat Cat a big, fat five chocolate covered strawberries and a dish of tuna (for Samson, in whatever form he chooses!)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for making a comment. We love to talk about books! To keep posted on everything going on with the Ndulgent Bloggers, FOLLOW us.

And, of course, INDULGE in something TODAY.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

NDULGE in Audiobooks

Aphrodite's Kiss
Like Honey
Blindness
Lifers
Given
Tease Me
Uncovering You: The Contract
Breathe Into Me
Deception
Promiscuous
Before You Break
When You're Ready
The Hazards of Skinny Dipping
The Rise of the Hotel Dumort
Being Chase
Misappropriate
Misled
Misled
The Amazon's Curse
Night Games


Ndulgent Bloggers's favorite books »