Friday, November 18, 2011

Form a Circle Friday


Everyone awake this morning? I thought maybe you all would be snoozing from attending the midnight showing of Breaking Dawn. It was sold out in our theater and from my understanding all the shows are sold out for this weekend as well. I won't be seeing it for awhile which is ok, I have lots of reading to do and the holidays to prepare for. Speaking of the holidays,I was just filling my on line shopping cart with books for my nieces. Two of them can't even read but you can never start your Harry Potter collection too early and my other one is an avid reader that I mention in my blogs. She is the one that I pass all the good stuff to. I love to hear her say she loved what I gave her and is introducing it to her friends. In fact the book I'm gonna talk about today is one from the House of Night series that I gave her. She didn't read them for about a year because she was waaaay into Twilight but once she picked them up she was hooked. Here's to you ADD:)

Destined by P.C Cast and Kristin Cast

In Destined, the forces of Light and Dark collide as their epic struggle focuses on Tulsa’s House of Night. Zoey is home where she belongs, safe with her Guardian Warrior, Stark, by her side – and preparing to face off against Neferet. Kalona has released his hold on Rephaim, and, through Nyx’s gift of a human form, he and Stevie Rae are finally able to be together – if Rephaim can truly walk the path of the Goddess and stay free of his father’s shadow.

But is Zoey really safe? Does she truly know those who are closest to her? And will love win when it is tested by the very soul of Darkness?


Ok... the other bloggers know that this series drives me crazy. I picked up from Jenn so I blame her! I love the characters in this series. I called this blog "form a circle Friday" because Zoey and her friends form a circle when they call the elements to them. This is a story that has a main character and a strong set of "got your back at all cost" BFF's. The thing that drives me crazy about this series is that I don't feel the story progress with each installment. We don't seem to be heading for any kind of closure. But I will continue to read till the end! My favorite character is Aphrodite. She has some killer quotes. This installment also taught me a new word...awesomesauce LOL.

I give this book 3 chocolate dipped strawberries and a side of awesomesauce (sorry I had to use this word in a sentence. It was killing me not to!)
PEACE

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for making a comment. We love to talk about books! To keep posted on everything going on with the Ndulgent Bloggers, FOLLOW us.

And, of course, INDULGE in something TODAY.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

NDULGE in Audiobooks

Aphrodite's Kiss
Like Honey
Blindness
Lifers
Given
Tease Me
Uncovering You: The Contract
Breathe Into Me
Deception
Promiscuous
Before You Break
When You're Ready
The Hazards of Skinny Dipping
The Rise of the Hotel Dumort
Being Chase
Misappropriate
Misled
Misled
The Amazon's Curse
Night Games


Ndulgent Bloggers's favorite books »