Saturday, December 24, 2011

Highlander for the Holidays by Janet Chapman

TWAS THE NIGHT BEFORE CHRISTMAS....and all through the house, not a creature was stirring, not even this really hot guy who I am hoping has something shiny and pretty in his bag for me!!!! Guilty Indulgence Book Club sends all it's readers warmest holiday wishes and tidings for Christmas joy. Please feel free to register and comment, Santa promises to add your wishes to his list for holiday books and swag!

Highlander for the Holidays by Janet Chapman, Jove Books, October 2011

This is the 8th book in Janet Chapmans Highlander series and the first Chapman book I have read so I’m not sure if I would have enjoyed this more if I had read the previous books. It was a quick and easy read, however, I couldn’t get fully invested in the characters. The heroine, Jessie, is drawn to move to a small town in Maine 4 years after a brutal attack has left her scarred both physically and mentally. Her first night in town she meets the hero, Ian, whose clan owns the local ski resort.

There are hints that Ian has magic but we don’t know what that is until almost the end of the story which I’m still not sure what his “specialty” is other than to heal Jessie. After several encounters where Ian rescues Jessie, and they share some hot and steamy kisses, she decides to sleep with Ian. I felt like the heroine just woke up one morning and decided to “go for it” with Ian. This is a big step for her since she doesn’t feel like anyone could find her attractive because of her scars but I missed the romance leading up to this. I think my favorite character in the book is Roger (his character made me LOL a few times), who is Ians ancestor, and helped bring Jessie and Ian together.


After meeting the clan, I would probably read another book in this series, but overall this is not one of my fav's.

I give this book 2 ½ Chocolate Dipped Strawberries

1 comment:

  1. The book gets 2 1/2 strawberries but the eye candy gets five chocolate dipped strawberries for sure. Good review!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for making a comment. We love to talk about books! To keep posted on everything going on with the Ndulgent Bloggers, FOLLOW us.

And, of course, INDULGE in something TODAY.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

NDULGE in Audiobooks

Aphrodite's Kiss
Like Honey
Blindness
Lifers
Given
Tease Me
Uncovering You: The Contract
Breathe Into Me
Deception
Promiscuous
Before You Break
When You're Ready
The Hazards of Skinny Dipping
The Rise of the Hotel Dumort
Being Chase
Misappropriate
Misled
Misled
The Amazon's Curse
Night Games


Ndulgent Bloggers's favorite books »