Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Humpday - get Marked!

Howdy Humpday Nation!  How do we do it, week in and week out?  I am telling you - I actually had a day off yesterday....and I need a day to recover!  7am doctor's appointment (obviously forgot I had day off or I would NEVER pick that time.  The crazy MD I went to see had the absolute gall to tell me I had to stop drinking coffee - as if!  I have a petition signed by over a hundred people demanding that never, ever happen!!!!), oil change that turned into brake job (ugh), eight loads of laundry in new washer and dryer (a saga in it's own right) and a two hour trip to Costco that included new glasses (after the insurance company told them I didn't exist - talk about your existentialist angst) and with lunch time munchies making bad food choices....oy vey!  I was too tired to plant the 4 flats of perennials purchased to perk up our curb appeal....
You have already heard Sunday was book club - that the selected by Elizabeth Naughton, Marked, was read and enjoyed by all (along with requisite wine, snacks and dessert).  So I guess it's my turn to throw in my two cents worth.  But first, let us pause and enjoy a brief eye candy snack for the day - rewarding ourselves for hard work, dedication and never ending appreciation for all that is yummy! Oh, and look - he has a cup of Joe, just waiting for me!  I think I'm in love!!!!    Mmmmmmmm


Marked - Book One of the Eternal Guardians


THERON—Dark haired, duty bound and deceptively deadly. He’s the leader of the Argonauts, an elite group of guardians that defends the immortal realm from threats of the Underworld.

From the moment he walked into the club, Casey knew this guy was different. Men like that just didn’t exist in real life—silky shoulder-length hair, chest impossibly broad, and a predatory manner that just screamed dark and dangerous. He was looking for something. Her.

She was the one. She had the mark. Casey had to die so his kind could live, and it was Theron’s duty to bring her in. But even as a 200-year-old descendant of Hercules, he wasn’t strong enough to resist the pull in her fathomless eyes, to tear himself away from the heat of her body.

As war with the Underworld nears, someone will have to make the ultimate sacrifice.


Since Tyra threw me under the bus for not liking the first in most series, I will go on record as saying there are exceptions to every rule: I actually really liked this exciting paranormal debut - it had action, romantic tension and the perfect blend of Greek mythology that made it fresh and original.  Naughton nailed the details, characters and storyline and crafted a world that sucks you in from the very beginning.  The concept of Heroes, both literal and figurative, who have to struggle when the meet their destined mate as their humanity returns makes their ultimate consummation with their soulmates that much more spellbinding! 

To say the action in Marked is intense is an understatement.  Warriors fight and people die - the collateral damage can catch the reader off guard at times and the characters are so multi-dimensional that even secondary characters grab the reader - a true good versus evil with cheers for the half-breeds and boos for the Atalanta/daemon posse!  With all the lead in to the descendants of Heracles, a girl has to wonder what the other six greats' progeny have in store! 

Well written story, hottie alpha hero, brave hearted heroine and lots of battles and lovin - bring on the next round Ms. Naughton - we are so ready for round two!!! 

RATING: Five Chocolate-Dipped Strawberries for sure - I'll take mine with a side of Hades (evil intrigues me, what can I say?!?!)  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for making a comment. We love to talk about books! To keep posted on everything going on with the Ndulgent Bloggers, FOLLOW us.

And, of course, INDULGE in something TODAY.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

NDULGE in Audiobooks

Aphrodite's Kiss
Like Honey
Blindness
Lifers
Given
Tease Me
Uncovering You: The Contract
Breathe Into Me
Deception
Promiscuous
Before You Break
When You're Ready
The Hazards of Skinny Dipping
The Rise of the Hotel Dumort
Being Chase
Misappropriate
Misled
Misled
The Amazon's Curse
Night Games


Ndulgent Bloggers's favorite books »