Friday, September 7, 2012

First Day Back Friday






 
Today has been a Friday of firsts. It's been the first week back to school for my kids, first time my daughter has run cross country,first time my kids have been able to get on and off at their own house and the first time in about 2 weeks I've been able to sit down and read anything. I was on a mission to switch some rooms around and get my fall cleaning done. Mission complete! After all that work this is the first book I've read off my new DRY Kindle!

The Ranger by Monica McCarty

Embedded deep behind enemy lines, Arthur “Ranger” Campbell is Bruce’s secret weapon as he wages his final assault on the enemies who stand against him. Recruited to join the Bruce’s secret elite fighting force for his prized scouting skills, Arthur’s razor sharp senses and ability to blend into the shadows make him the perfect spy. But when this shadow warrior must infiltrate the clan of the chieftain who murdered his father, his heart is locked on revenge. Inside he faces unexpected resistance from the sweetest of obstacles—a honey-haired siren who is his enemy’s daughter. But the vivacious, enchanting Anna MacDougall is a woman whose skill at uncovering deception rivals his own.

Intrigued by this ruggedly handsome newcomer to her father’s forces, Anna accepts the challenge his determined indifference to her arouses. Though anxious for the war to end and yearning for a quiet life with a good man to love, Anna is drawn to this mysterious knight whose eyes devour her but whose words push her away. But as danger, treachery, and the threat of looming war draw them closer into each other’s passions and secrets, a warrior made of steel must make a choice from the heart: love or revenge.


Yeah! I finally got this book finished! This is what I was reading when my Kindle took a swim a couple of weeks ago. I bet I've been trying to read this book for at least a year. I had to keep picking it up and putting it down but it's all good and I loved it. Just like I do all the other ones in this series. Arthur has been one of my favorites since the beginning. I felt bad for him having to play the part of spy and be separated from the rest of the group. Always having to live a lie and sneak around would just plain suck. It would also make finding love nearly impossible but leave it to Arthur to find it in the wrong place. Only Arthur would fall in love with his enemy's daughter. I have to give him credit he tries like crazy to shake her off but Anna isn't giving up. I give her credit also where credit is due. Using your unruly dog as a reason to see your object of affection is pretty creative.  Both Arthur and Anna had tough choices to make. Arthur had to push her away and lie to her and he had to be the one to shine a light on her father's cruel side. She had to chose between her family and her love. I know I've recommended this series several other times but this needs to be on your winter reading list. You won't be sorry I promise!

I give this book 4 chocolate dipped strawberries and a leash for Anna's dog Squire.
PEACE

1 comment:

  1. Poor kindle!! From what I see you liked this series... Didn't know if I should buy the first book or not, but I like what you wrote in your review, thank you for taking time and writing it :)

    OS: 1st book is in my wish-list now :D

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for making a comment. We love to talk about books! To keep posted on everything going on with the Ndulgent Bloggers, FOLLOW us.

And, of course, INDULGE in something TODAY.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

NDULGE in Audiobooks

Aphrodite's Kiss
Like Honey
Blindness
Lifers
Given
Tease Me
Uncovering You: The Contract
Breathe Into Me
Deception
Promiscuous
Before You Break
When You're Ready
The Hazards of Skinny Dipping
The Rise of the Hotel Dumort
Being Chase
Misappropriate
Misled
Misled
The Amazon's Curse
Night Games


Ndulgent Bloggers's favorite books »