Friday, April 5, 2013

Focus on the paintings Friday

Green Day concert last night. Can't hear today but totally worth it!!!!!!!!!!! Before I lost my hearing here is what I read.....

The Darkest Pleasure by Gena Showalter

Reyes is a man possessed. Bound by the demon of pain, he is forbidden to know pleasure. Yet he craves a mortal woman, Danika Ford, more than breath and will do anything to claim her--even defy the gods.

Danika is on the run. For months she's eluded the Lords of the Underworld, immortal warriors who won't rest until she and her family have been destroyed. But her dreams are haunted by Reyes, the warrior whose searing touch she can't forget. Yet a future together could mean death to all they both hold dear....


I'm about to come clean about a dirty secret. Ok here it goes....I sometimes stop reading a series when I've read all the books about the main characters. There I said it. You know when you're reading a series and there starts out with 4 or 5 main characters and then 1 or 2 drop in and you get to thinking, hey I bet they get a book? I have stopped reading a series after I've read the main character's stories and when I once was lost but now I'm found Lords showed up I thought I might be heading down that path again. But I have decided that is not the case at all. I'm loving these books so far. I checked Gena Showalter's site for the reading order and was surprised that it didn't match up to what I thought it would be. Now I'm just dying to read more! These books are chucked full of mythology and we all know that's my weakness. I'm a nerd like that. It was reminds me that good things come to those who wait. Which some days I need to be reminded of that. This series MUST be on your summer to be read list.

I give this book 5 chocolate dipped strawberries and a box of band aids.
PEACE


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for making a comment. We love to talk about books! To keep posted on everything going on with the Ndulgent Bloggers, FOLLOW us.

And, of course, INDULGE in something TODAY.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

NDULGE in Audiobooks

Aphrodite's Kiss
Like Honey
Blindness
Lifers
Given
Tease Me
Uncovering You: The Contract
Breathe Into Me
Deception
Promiscuous
Before You Break
When You're Ready
The Hazards of Skinny Dipping
The Rise of the Hotel Dumort
Being Chase
Misappropriate
Misled
Misled
The Amazon's Curse
Night Games


Ndulgent Bloggers's favorite books »