Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Humpday hello - check out my TBR pile!

Howdy ho - humpday posse!  Spring is in the air: the sun is shining, the air is warm and the pollen has me checking out my TBR pile and thinking "can do!"  It's so exciting to think about all the fab books out there just waiting to dazzle and delight, terrorize and titillate.  Before launching in however, I am a bit peckish - I think I need just a bite of everyone's favorite calorie free treat.  Yumm-o eye candy!  Woohoo!!

A quick shout out to my baby bro who is celebrating his birthday in Dakha, Bangladesh today - he's a world away but I am sure he will find time to enjoy a quick yoga session and maybe a good book!  Ah well, a big sis can dream, right?

So, onward and upward - my collection is eclectic (did you expect any less?) and I'll try to keep it organized.


1) Spring means clean up time.  I need to get back to my beloved Lara Adrian's Midnight Breed books - I am down a couple right now and Edge of Dawn was just released so it's the perfect time to catch up!




2)  And let us not forget Charlene Harris has decided to wrap up her Sookie Stackhouse series with this spring's long awaited Dead Ever After.  Will it be Bill or Eric or will Sookie be the proverbial cheese who stands alone????


3)  Committed to the gritty urban fantasy world created by Jennifer Estep, I have tucked the latest Gin Blanco installment in my spring bin.  Last left off, her relationship with sis was good, work was steady and her steady was??????


4) Speaking of series that I am committed to, I seem to be in a vampire vortex!  Laurell K. Hamilton's Anita Blake's 22nd (!) installment brings more Anita drama-lama and sexy shifterness!  Rachel Caine's Morganville Vamps have a 14th (!) novel - a true guilty indulgence, this YA series is smart and sassy and totally sucks you in!  Of course, Lynsay Sands's Argeneau family delivered number 18 this winter and 19 comes out at the end of summer - maybe too late for spring reads but it went with the long running vampy goodness theme!


5) If you haven't heard by now, we Ndulgent bloggers love us some Darynda Jones - adult or YA, print or audiobook, she grabs you by the shirt and tosses you down a rabbit hole that has you giggling and snorting the whole way!  Thank god, for Charley Davidson (and Reyes Fallow - hottest son of Satan EVER!)



6) I snagged this new YA on one of the many FB boards advertising free daily reads - folks, this is an amazing way to get hooked on new authors. Daily emails alerting you to one day (or couple day) only specials that will have you snagging sequels like crazy!  This one caught my fancy -  

What if you knew when someone was going to die?
For seventeen-year-old Ember, life is death. With a simple touch, she knows when someone will die. It's her curse and the reason she secludes herself from the world. The only person who knows her secret is her best friend Raven.

Then she meets Asher Morgan. He's gorgeous, mysterious, and is the only person Ember can't sense death from. So when he pushes into her life, she doesn't mind.

But when unexplained deaths start to haunt her town, Ember starts questioning why she can't sense Asher's death and what he may be hiding.


7) Kilty goodness - new Maya Banks.  Sigh....  'Nuff said.

8) Is there ever enough Katie MacAllister?  My hero, having forged through personal tragedy to continue to provide me, a lowly fan (among millions) with yet another witty, quirky yet sexy romantic adventure, I simply cannot wait for her upcoming release, Time Thief!





9) Ms. Christy hooked me on the hilarious Molly Harper - she has quickly found out that we share a love of the lighter, funnier side of paranormal romance.  And there is nothing funnier than hillbilly twang added in!  My Bluegrass Baby should guarantee to please - and audio narrator Amanda Ronconi has become the voice of Molly Harper (like Loralei King/CJ Critt for Janet Evanovich!) so much that I hear her in my head when I read in print!


10) And, lastly, just because everything she write is fantasy chocolate for the soul - Gena Showalter has a new series.  Yes, I think I was aware the first book came out last fall but I was swamped with reads and reviews and must have back burnered it out of sight/mind.  So, with the release of Beauty Awakened - I will have a two-fer special, Wicked Nights and Beauty Awakened - new Angels of the Dark series to keep me firmly glued to a lounge chair and settled in for a long, spring day's read!


Hope you take some ideas with you - enjoy and indulge!  What do you have planned this spring????

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for making a comment. We love to talk about books! To keep posted on everything going on with the Ndulgent Bloggers, FOLLOW us.

And, of course, INDULGE in something TODAY.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

NDULGE in Audiobooks

Aphrodite's Kiss
Like Honey
Blindness
Lifers
Given
Tease Me
Uncovering You: The Contract
Breathe Into Me
Deception
Promiscuous
Before You Break
When You're Ready
The Hazards of Skinny Dipping
The Rise of the Hotel Dumort
Being Chase
Misappropriate
Misled
Misled
The Amazon's Curse
Night Games


Ndulgent Bloggers's favorite books »