Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Find me a Guardian Friday

  I'm a little early this week which will confuse me the rest of the week so don't be surprised if I post something on Friday too. I must say I have enjoyed this quiet week. Monday wasn't even bad. Looking forward to the weekend and my short work week next week, I plan on spending it in the sun with a good book. This was my pool read this week....

Werewolves Be Damned by Stacey Kennedy

Nexi Jones—part witch, part guardian, and wannabe kick-ass warrior—can’t throw a punch or conjure the simplest magic. But that doesn’t stop her from hunting the werewolves who slaughtered her human family. She’ll have her revenge, but only if Kyden, the elite guardian, would get the hell out of her way.

Kyden can’t decide if Nexi wants to get herself killed or if she just has no clue what she’s doing. But her father made it clear: keep Nexi safe…or else. Of course, the more Nexi runs toward revenge, the more she needs Kyden’s aid, and as she grows into her power and confidence, so does his desire to protect her. The only problem? She’d rather he dropped dead.

But when a vampire paints a bull’s-eye on Nexi’s back, she’s hard-pressed to deny Kyden and the help he’s offering. Even if it means getting her revenge will be a little bit harder. At least it will still be as sweet.




This was a new to me author and I must say I did indeed enjoy this book. It has all the important things...Hot Guardians, strong women, werewolves, vampires and witches. It was good length and moved along at an awesome pace. I sometimes dislike the first book in a series but this is not the case this time. I got all the "new" world information that I needed and I will admit that I had a House of Night flashback. They made a Circle and called forth the elements. So with all that being said grab this book and throw it in your pool/beach bag and get your tan on.


I give this book 3 chocolate dipped strawberries and wardrobe consultant for Nexi. Do you dress as a Guardian or as a witch???


PEACE

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for making a comment. We love to talk about books! To keep posted on everything going on with the Ndulgent Bloggers, FOLLOW us.

And, of course, INDULGE in something TODAY.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

NDULGE in Audiobooks

Aphrodite's Kiss
Like Honey
Blindness
Lifers
Given
Tease Me
Uncovering You: The Contract
Breathe Into Me
Deception
Promiscuous
Before You Break
When You're Ready
The Hazards of Skinny Dipping
The Rise of the Hotel Dumort
Being Chase
Misappropriate
Misled
Misled
The Amazon's Curse
Night Games


Ndulgent Bloggers's favorite books »