Friday, October 1, 2010

Happy Friday! Darkest Hour Review

Happy Friday all! It looks like my fellow blog buddies have filled you in on the ins and outs of The Darkest Hour by Maya Banks. It's not often a person gets a second chance to make up for bad behavior towards the one they love. Ethan had been given a great gift and I think he makes the most of it. I can't imagine the way Rachel must feel not being able to remember the people that love her. This was my first time reading Maya and I was not disappointed. It's been a while since I read anything that didn't involve a vamp or vamp like person. So this was a nice change. The pace of this book is great. It starts out with how Ethan has let his life go down the drain since he believed his wife is dead. I instantly thought to myself, "great they're gonna drag her rescue out for over half the book". Boy was I wrong! I also like the fact the Ethan has brothers, which means we can get to know them a little more with each book. I love a series that introduces you to characters that will each have their own happily ever after. At least I hope that's the plan with this series. As I stated in my first blog I usually don't like the first book in a series but this was an exception. I'll be honest I was pretty sure I wasn't gonna like it but I was wrong. I give this book 3 chocolate dipped strawberries. I've had a crazy week so I don't have a recipe to share so I recommend grabbing a bag of Lindt truffles and eating the whole thing! Have a great week all!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for making a comment. We love to talk about books! To keep posted on everything going on with the Ndulgent Bloggers, FOLLOW us.

And, of course, INDULGE in something TODAY.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

NDULGE in Audiobooks

Aphrodite's Kiss
Like Honey
Blindness
Lifers
Given
Tease Me
Uncovering You: The Contract
Breathe Into Me
Deception
Promiscuous
Before You Break
When You're Ready
The Hazards of Skinny Dipping
The Rise of the Hotel Dumort
Being Chase
Misappropriate
Misled
Misled
The Amazon's Curse
Night Games


Ndulgent Bloggers's favorite books »