Friday, June 3, 2011

Fighting Zombies Friday

Hope everyone had a fab Memorial Day weekend. I did! Spent it with my favorite people. Hard to believe it’s June already. August will be here before we know it and it will be time to head to Philly for Authors After Dark. So looking forward to it. I got myself organized yesterday and ordered my costumes. Got an awesome deal! I’ll take lots of pictures but the girlies usually threaten me with bodily harm if I post them. But maybe I can sneak a few out there for you guys to see when we get back. If I go missing from the blog for any length of time that means I got busted and they made good on their promises. Speaking of promises…. As I promised myself I was only reading those 4 things on my to be read list I have completed one of them. Book one of The Chronicles of Nick. Check it out…….



Infinity by Sherrilyn Kenyon


At fourteen, Nick Gautier thinks he knows everything about the world around him. Streetwise, tough and savvy, his quick sarcasm is the stuff of legends. . .until the night when his best friends try to kill him. Saved by a mysterious warrior who has more fighting skills than Chuck Norris, Nick is sucked into the realm of the Dark-Hunters: immortal vampire slayers who risk everything to save humanity.
Nick quickly learns that the human world is only a veil for a much larger and more dangerous one: a world where the captain of the football team is a werewolf and the girl he has a crush on goes out at night to stake the undead.
But before he can even learn the rules of this new world, his fellow students are turning into flesh eating zombies. And he’s next on the menu.



As if starting high school isn’t hard enough…now Nick has to hide his new friends from his mom, his chainsaw from the principal, and keep the zombies and the demon Simi from eating his brains, all without getting grounded or suspended. How in the world is he supposed to do that?



Let me start out by saying I was a happy girl to be back in my Dark Hunter world. I also saw on the web site that there are 10 books planned in this series (insert super happy dance)! I blew thru this book once I started because I was so excited about it. I’m probably going to go buy the next one in hard back because I can’t wait for paper back (I know I know! If I had a Nook or something I wouldn’t have that problem.). There was no disappointment to be found. I wanted to cry in the beginning when Nick had to face his school mates. High school is tough but even tougher when the whole school knows your mom is a stripper. What a mother won’t do to take care of her child. Cheers to you Cherise Gautier. This book jumps right into Nick’s life and his past. Infinity sheds a whole new light on Nick and how he has power that no one knows. Not even the mighty Acheron knows (Again let Apollymi out! Stuff will grow back. I’m just saying.). But Acheron knows that Nick will have an impact on his life because he can’t see his future. Which bothers him. A LOT! It also explains the whole Malachai and his father’s poor choices and why everyone is out to control him.
If you haven’t read this series what are you waiting for! I promise you will love it. I’m going to attempt to hold out on buying book two but it’s not looking good! I see me going to the store next week
I give this book 5 chocolate dipped strawberries and some BBQ sauce (for Simi).
PEACE!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for making a comment. We love to talk about books! To keep posted on everything going on with the Ndulgent Bloggers, FOLLOW us.

And, of course, INDULGE in something TODAY.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

NDULGE in Audiobooks

Aphrodite's Kiss
Like Honey
Blindness
Lifers
Given
Tease Me
Uncovering You: The Contract
Breathe Into Me
Deception
Promiscuous
Before You Break
When You're Ready
The Hazards of Skinny Dipping
The Rise of the Hotel Dumort
Being Chase
Misappropriate
Misled
Misled
The Amazon's Curse
Night Games


Ndulgent Bloggers's favorite books »