Friday, July 8, 2011

Let’s just be friends Friday

Another week has come and gone. Where is my summer going? I won’t complain. It’s been a great summer so far. Not many hours at job #2. Which is good and bad. More time with family but less money. I’ll take the family time any day. Hope everyone had a great 4th of July. Spent mine at Lake Arrowhead with the family. Sand and sun my two favorite things! This is the book I started over the long weekend it’s the first in the shifter series by Shelly Laurenston. Which are on my to be read list. FYI, there are 2 stories in this book. So without further adieu…..


The Main Event by Shelly Laurenston

CHRISTMAS PRIDE
How come all the good-looking ones are insane? That's what runs through NYPD cop Desiree "Dez" MacDermot's mind the minute she hooks up again with her childhood buddy, Mace Llewellyn. It isn't just the way he stares at her with those too-sexy gold eyes-as if he could devour her on the spot. Or the six-four, built-like-a-Navy Seal bod-o-death. It isn't even that he sniffs her neck and purrs, making her entire body tingle. It's more about that disconcerting, shifting-from-man-to-lion thing that unhinges her…and makes her want more. Mace likes making Dez crazy. In fact, he likes her any way he can get her-in bed, on the desk, here, now, again. Together, they'd always been trouble, but Dez has no idea just how good trouble can feel…



My bad! Not until I started to compose my blog did I realize my summer book’s title is Christmas related. Leave it to me! I’m special. I know. It’s always nice to see two high school crushes get a second chance. In this case there is no denying the attraction the second time around! This story has had me giggling to myself several times. I absolutely love the way that Dez and Mace have no problem embarrassing the crap out of others or each other (get separated from our group at Books A Million and see what happens LOL). People after my own heart! And as in every family there are your crazy/nosy siblings. They mean no harm, they want to protect you but that doesn’t make them any less annoying as hell. I also really enjoyed meeting Mace’s best friend Smitty (cause everybody’s got a friend named Smitty!) and his family. I’m very much looking forward to reading more about them.


I give this story 3-4 chocolate dipped strawberries and a shopping trip to Macy’s because that was one of my favorite scenes and who doesn’t like Macy’s at Christmas??

PEACE

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for making a comment. We love to talk about books! To keep posted on everything going on with the Ndulgent Bloggers, FOLLOW us.

And, of course, INDULGE in something TODAY.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

NDULGE in Audiobooks

Aphrodite's Kiss
Like Honey
Blindness
Lifers
Given
Tease Me
Uncovering You: The Contract
Breathe Into Me
Deception
Promiscuous
Before You Break
When You're Ready
The Hazards of Skinny Dipping
The Rise of the Hotel Dumort
Being Chase
Misappropriate
Misled
Misled
The Amazon's Curse
Night Games


Ndulgent Bloggers's favorite books »