Thursday, July 7, 2011

An Erotic Vacation Read


Aloha! I’m a lucky girl sitting here in a cabana on the beautiful Ko’Olina beach in Hawaii. It’s been amazingly relaxing with little more to think about that which chair I should sit in by the pool. The freedom from decision-making is bliss and the state of doing nothing feels decadent. So much of life is busy – I’m not complaining – as I run my sons from activity to activity that I am truly appreciating this time to just relax. Today is my eighth day here in paradise… I’ve sat by the pool every day and have read seven books so far, all of which had been on my TBR pile for awhile but never got to the top because of all the “must reads for reviews”. But during this vacation, I gave myself the right to read anything I chose and nothing I had to. An absolutely refreshing perspective from a person who puts responsibility before pleasure, and it was fabulous.  
A Table for Three (New York)
My fave vacation read so far has been A Table for Three by Lainey Reese. Hotter than this Hawaiian sun, Ms. Reese scorched me with these amazingly hot sex scenes almost right from the beginning. I couldn’t put the book down (and even brought it with me when I sat on the edge of the pool to cool down!). The suspenseful storyline also helped set it apart from other erotica and added substance to the story. Strong character development linked me immediately to the characters that I came to adore as genuinely good people. And I very much became absorbed in their intricate ménage relationship. It might not be for everyone but this steamy ménage was a perfectly indulgent vacation read that inspired just a bit of fantasizing. ;)

Heroine Riley is sweetly naïve, courageous, adventurous and genuine. On her first night in New York City, she visits a nightclub and finds her attraction to the owner Cade Marshall is instant, mind-blowing - and mutual. When she learns he’s a Dom who will require her complete surrender, even when it comes to submitting to his best friend, Trevor Wellington, she embraces the sexual adventure. And speaking of sexual adventure, my favorite scene happens in a restaurant where I am still hoping the floors were well cleaned.

Now, Cade and Trevor – oh my! - have shared everything, including women, from their earliest days as childhood friends. Cade and Trevor balance one another with strong personalities blending so well it was difficult to imagine them separate. Ms. Reese creates such a deep connection between them that it just seems absolutely natural. And after they spend that first night with Riley, they both recognize that she is the perfect woman to complete them. Like all erotica, the relationship develops too fast but I was too swept up into the story to mind it.

As Cade and Trevor begin their relationship with Riley, she’s sheltered, pampered and protected. At first resistant to the restrictions, Riley shows her strength and determination by offering a compromise with the men who most certainly are not accustomed to compromising. She develops very separate relationships with each man and their personalities come out as the author explores these men’s characters beyond the bedroom. Their interactions create solid connections between each character.

And the suspense ratchets up the conflict when someone targets their relationship, attempting to eliminate Riley from the equation. Despite their protective measures, danger still finds her; and Cade and Trevor realize they cannot cope with losing her. Their love for her shows through in some intense scenes as they are confronted with her mortality and it is a most beautiful thing.

My biggest complaint is with the ending that just seemed too abrupt. I wanted some more development there and would’ve been okay with a longer book in order to get a sense of closure. But the bottom line here is you can’t go wrong with two amazingly sexy Alpha males and one feisty and willing woman. That combination makes this book a full 5 Chocolate-Dipped Strawberries. And since I’m writing this from my lanai at the Marriott Ko’Olina, I think I’ll have a Kohuna Colada too!

Warning: This book contains m/f/m ménage, some bdsm play, lots of steamy pda, and a fine dining experience that will leave you salivating for more.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for making a comment. We love to talk about books! To keep posted on everything going on with the Ndulgent Bloggers, FOLLOW us.

And, of course, INDULGE in something TODAY.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

NDULGE in Audiobooks

Aphrodite's Kiss
Like Honey
Blindness
Lifers
Given
Tease Me
Uncovering You: The Contract
Breathe Into Me
Deception
Promiscuous
Before You Break
When You're Ready
The Hazards of Skinny Dipping
The Rise of the Hotel Dumort
Being Chase
Misappropriate
Misled
Misled
The Amazon's Curse
Night Games


Ndulgent Bloggers's favorite books »