Saturday, January 21, 2012

Following Skye's Trail


Hello Everyone!  I am so excited to write another review and thought that I would dig into my pile of books that I bought years ago at Lora Leigh’s RAW.  I happen to run into Jory Strong and she was such a fabulous person that I bought one of her books to have autographed.  Don’t laugh but… I normally pick my books first by the cover. The cover for Skyes Trail did not call to me but there was a women standing next to me that recommended the book so of course I picked it up and waited in line!!!! There isn’t anything wrong with the cover now that I look at it but if you’re like me and you have a pile of books sometimes you just forget what you have and don’t take the time to sit down and actually go back through them. I am really happy that this review pushed me to do just that.  I have at least 10 books in the pile that are not on my nightstand.  I loved this book so much though that I dug through all my books looking for the second book in the series and AMEN I found it in my closet and plan on starting that tonight.

For Skye Delano, the hunt and the kill are sometimes inexorably tied together.
Her origins shrouded behind an impenetrable wall of mental pain, Skye has survived and evolved into a tracker, a hunter who metes out justice to those who prey on the helpless. Alone, but not lonely, she’s been content with her life. But now her body is changing, making demands that her mind argues will be dangerous to her survival. Now there’s an underlying craving that’s left her restless. She needs to take a mate-or rather, two mates…
His captain may have warned him off of Skye, but that hasn’t stopped Detective Rico Santana from wanting her, and now he needs her-for himself, and to track a couple of kids who have gone missing.
In all the centuries that Giovanni Banderali has been alive, he’s never desired any woman enough to bind her to him as a companion. That changed the moment he saw Skye. She’s a threat to the fledgling vampires he’s searching for, but nothing will stop him from claiming her-not even the Angelini blood that flows through her veins.
Adversaries, natural enemies-dangerous allies-the bond that links them is stronger than lust, more powerful than love. When an Angelini chooses a mate, no man can resist.
Skye’s Trail is an amazing story.  Not to be judgmental but sometimes when you see Ellora’s Cave you think hot, steamy with just sex, sex, and more sex. NOT that I am against that mind you in any form or fashion!!!!!!!!!!!!! But…I didn’t really know what to expect when I started reading the story and I wanted to keep my mind open for the review.  Within the first 25 pages, I was already holding my breath with a race to find missing children. The blurb below doesn’t do the book any justice. There is sexual tension that makes the book HOT but I loved the chase to find the missing young women.  There are many sub plots going on from occult to corrupt senators.  I don’t want to give the plot away but this is a great read not just a steamy break from reality.  
  


RATING: 5 Chocolate-Dipped Strawberries 




I loved the book and will finish book two this weekend - Syndelle’s Possession.  There is a book three that I don’t own - Mystic’s Run - and if book 2 is as great as Skye’s Trail then I guess I will have to break down and just purchase it J! GIVE ME A COMMENT if you'd read the series or if I've inspired you to add it to your TBR pile.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for making a comment. We love to talk about books! To keep posted on everything going on with the Ndulgent Bloggers, FOLLOW us.

And, of course, INDULGE in something TODAY.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

NDULGE in Audiobooks

Aphrodite's Kiss
Like Honey
Blindness
Lifers
Given
Tease Me
Uncovering You: The Contract
Breathe Into Me
Deception
Promiscuous
Before You Break
When You're Ready
The Hazards of Skinny Dipping
The Rise of the Hotel Dumort
Being Chase
Misappropriate
Misled
Misled
The Amazon's Curse
Night Games


Ndulgent Bloggers's favorite books »