Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Four Grooms and a Queen by John Simpson

Hi my name is Tyra and I am a romantic! There I said it and now you all know. I know I try to come off as funny and snarky but deep down I just LOVE me some sappy romance!!! And this week's book hit all the right buttons.


Four Grooms and a Queen, John Simpson, Dreamspinner Press
Life is good these days for rookie cops and best friends Patrick St. James and Hank Capstone. They've closed the books on two high-profile serial murder cases and survived unscathed. Now they learn that they've earned the admiration of their peers and superiors and that they've both been promoted to detective third-class. Things are good on the home front too--both men have loving partners who worry about them but support them wholeheartedly. Could things get any better? How about a double wedding on Christmas Eve?

What I enjoyed about this novella is that it read like a long epilogue. I felt like I was getting sneak peak into the characters personal lives. Where the first two books were very much suspense and police procedural with the beginnings of the two romances built in. This book was very much about the relationships, not just between the two couples but Pat and Hank as partners and friends.

Something else that I noticed in this story is the change in the way the story is told. The first book Murder Most Gay is written strictly from Pat's POV. The second book Task Force pulls away from that writting style and opens up the development of the other character's voices and this current book grows in that way even more.

I am looking forward to the next book in this series and sinking my teeth into another good mystery, but I hope that Pat can keep his clothes on while on the job in this one. LOL

If you are looking for a suspenseful, police drama written by a good storyteller then the whole Murder Most Gay series is a must have. The writing just keeps getting better.

RATING: 4 Chocolate-Dipped Strawberries. This book was given to us by Dreamspinner Press. Many thanks.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for making a comment. We love to talk about books! To keep posted on everything going on with the Ndulgent Bloggers, FOLLOW us.

And, of course, INDULGE in something TODAY.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

NDULGE in Audiobooks

Aphrodite's Kiss
Like Honey
Blindness
Lifers
Given
Tease Me
Uncovering You: The Contract
Breathe Into Me
Deception
Promiscuous
Before You Break
When You're Ready
The Hazards of Skinny Dipping
The Rise of the Hotel Dumort
Being Chase
Misappropriate
Misled
Misled
The Amazon's Curse
Night Games


Ndulgent Bloggers's favorite books »