Friday, February 10, 2012

Find me a Fireman Friday

Cough! Cough! Cough! This has been a miserable week. Both of my kids have been sick and out of school and for the first time in years I was sick enough myself to go to the doctor. Of course I went to leave for my appointment and couldn't find my keys. Had to call my mother to come get me. Fortunately I had people in my office looking and they were found in my box of shoes that I keep under my desk! In the disaster that was this week I missed a little thing our blog group was doing. We were suppose to write a few sentences about our favorite book "boyfriend". Since I didn't get to do it I'm gonna share mine now. My dream book boyfriend is Dimitri Kallinikos from the Accidental Demon Slayer series by Angie Fox. He's got short dark hair built like Greek god (hehehe!) It helps that he live on a Greek island by the beach. Need I say more? But if I can't have my Greek god then I am more than willing to take Gabe the Fireman from Bella Andre's book. In fact I'm not picky....I'll take any of the Sullivan brothers!

Can't Help Falling in Love by Bella Andre

Gabe Sullivan risks his life every day as a firefighter in San Francisco. But after learning a brutal lesson about professional boundaries, he knows better than to risk his heart to his fire victims ever again. Especially the brave mother and daughter he saved from a deadly apartment fire...and can't stop thinking about.

Megan Harris knows she owes the heroic firefighter everything for running into a burning building to save her and her seven-year-old daughter. Everything except her heart. Because after losing her navy pilot husband five years ago, she has vowed to never suffer through loving - and losing - a man with a dangerous job again.

Only, when Gabe and Megan meet again and uncontrollable flames of desire ignite between them, how can he possibly ignore her courage, determination, and beauty? And how can she deny not only his strong bond with her daughter…but the way his sweetly sensual kisses are challenging her to risk everything she’s been guarding for so long?
This winter, if one - or both - of them aren’t careful, they just might end up falling in love.


I love this series so far. It reminds me of my beloved Chase Brothers series AND it involves FIREMAN! Why oh why can't I find me a fireman like these??? I have to say though that I never gave the hero complex a thought till this book. People expect fireman to save the day all the time but the thing is they are normal people too and not your knight in shining armour. Than again I never figured there was a don't date people you save rule either. LOL! My favorite part of this book was Gabe's interaction with Summer, Megan's daughter. I have to say that Summer is quite the match maker for a 7 year old!

I give this book 5 chocolate dipped strawberries and some of Summer's muffins.
PEACE

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for making a comment. We love to talk about books! To keep posted on everything going on with the Ndulgent Bloggers, FOLLOW us.

And, of course, INDULGE in something TODAY.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

NDULGE in Audiobooks

Aphrodite's Kiss
Like Honey
Blindness
Lifers
Given
Tease Me
Uncovering You: The Contract
Breathe Into Me
Deception
Promiscuous
Before You Break
When You're Ready
The Hazards of Skinny Dipping
The Rise of the Hotel Dumort
Being Chase
Misappropriate
Misled
Misled
The Amazon's Curse
Night Games


Ndulgent Bloggers's favorite books »