Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Too Hot to Handle - Doris O'Connor

Greetings Guilty Indulgites I hope you all are having a fabulous slightly cooler summer than we are here in the Shenandoah Valley. Growing up in the Central Valley in California you would think I would be used to the heat, but I was much younger then and spent most of my summer in a pool. LOL I know I shouldn't complain because I might jinx us for the coming winter but DANG it's hot.

We are spotlighting the Giovanni Clan by Doris O'Connor for the next two days and she is a new to me author. The question I have is where have you been hiding?? I think the name says it all for this book!




Too Hot to Handle Doris O'Connor Evernight Publishing
The Giovanni Clan # 1
When firefighter Alex Giovanni returns to his old neighborhood to fulfill family obligations, he is reunited with the woman inhabiting his dreams. The sexy siren ran out on him after one explosive night many years ago. Hiding behind her sensible clothes she portrays the perfect image of Miss Prim and Proper and Alex vows to unlock the passionate woman he remembers. Mixing business with pleasure has never been so much fun.
Kitty Jenkins’ orderly life gets turned upside down when Alex walks into her school. Their passion filled night four years ago has left her with a secret that threatens to tear them apart. Giving into Alex is out of the question, regardless of how much her body craves his touch.
When secrets spill and disaster strikes, can their passion turn into love?





WOW ok so this book starts out so smoking hot that you better hope you are not sitting under a smoke detector while reading this because you will be setting it off.

Kitty is at a hen party with friends when she meets tall, dark and sexy Alex. One round of flirting and a pair of boxers later they share a night of incredible sex. The connection and chemistry between the two is so intense that Kitty freaks and sneaks out while Alex is sleeping.

4 years later the two come face to face and the chemistry is still there but Kitty isn't sure great sex is enough to share her secrets and her life with Alex. Alex has never forgotten Kitty or forgiven her for running out on him but his attraction to her is so intense he is willing to work on forgiveness....until he finds out exactly what her secrets are and then even his attraction might be enough.

Make sure you are strapped in because the emotional roller-coaster that this book will take you on might give you whiplash if you aren't careful. I literally ran the gamut from being totally turned on to crying to screaming at certain characters in the book. And you know, for me, if a book can illicit those kinds of emotions it's got to be good.

The connection between Alex and Kitty was incredible to read and their chemistry is off the charts hot, but the emotional journey they take was INTENSE and so completely satisfying.

A strong and not totally likeable secondary cast added to the drama. And I just have to say that the storyline brought out my inner momma bear like you would not believe. I was so angry on Kitty's behalf that it's probably a good thing these are fictional characters or it would have been on!

This was a great start to a series and as big as the Giovanni clan is I see many books in the future. So if you are looking for a book that has a strong sense of family but still has some combustible love scenes then you have found the book that you are looking for.

RATING: 4 Chocolate-Dipped Strawberries This book was given to us by the author. Many thanks.

4 comments:

  1. Adding this book to my HOT summer TBR list. Loved the excerpt. Definitely want more!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Where have I been, lol? Right here ;-)

    Thank you so much for this fab review!
    It's wet and miserable here in the UK today, and feels more like Autumn, so I'm rather envious of all that heat you're describing!

    Jessiel, thank you. Hope you enjoy my sexy Italians.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Another "must read!" First of all, when I hear something about Italian lovers, I immediately think "passionate and sexy," so you had me there, and that cover!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Dariel :-) You know, I squealed in excitement when I got that cover, after I picked my jaw up off the floor, lol.

      Delete

Thank you for making a comment. We love to talk about books! To keep posted on everything going on with the Ndulgent Bloggers, FOLLOW us.

And, of course, INDULGE in something TODAY.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

NDULGE in Audiobooks

Aphrodite's Kiss
Like Honey
Blindness
Lifers
Given
Tease Me
Uncovering You: The Contract
Breathe Into Me
Deception
Promiscuous
Before You Break
When You're Ready
The Hazards of Skinny Dipping
The Rise of the Hotel Dumort
Being Chase
Misappropriate
Misled
Misled
The Amazon's Curse
Night Games


Ndulgent Bloggers's favorite books »