Wednesday, October 17, 2012

White Trash Beautiful


~New York Times bestseller and USA Today bestseller~

BLURB
"I’m not naive. I know I don’t get the happily ever after. My knight in shining armor took the highway detour around this god forsaken shit hole. I’ve made peace with that. That doesn’t mean I’m going to lay down like a doormat and let every cocky prick in the trailer park have his way with me."

Cass lives a depressing life in a small trailer park in Eddington, Ga with her mother and abusive boyfriend Jackson. She works hard to barely make ends meet. One day Tucker White, the lead singer in the band Damaged, walks into her diner. He tries to show her that there is more to life than the hand she has been dealt but being with Tucker will come at a high price.


REVIEW
Incredibly sad and yet completely riveting. Not entirely well-written but overwhelmingly emotional. This is a book that sticks with you for awhile after you finish. But there was something missing to help me connect with Cass. And then Tucker, despite how much I adored him, stayed a mystery until nearly the end of the book. Perhaps more depth in the characters would've helped. It was the plot that kept me going. This is definitely worth the read if for nothing else than the push it will give you to consider the reality of those living in poverty and, of course, the inspiration of rising above. 


RATING: 4 Chocolate-Dipped Strawberries


2 comments:

  1. Sorry, but the cover alone would make me pass on this one. The naked woman huddled in the fetal position just screams abuse to me.

    Reading is my escape.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This was a good book. Highly emotional -raw- but deeply moving.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for making a comment. We love to talk about books! To keep posted on everything going on with the Ndulgent Bloggers, FOLLOW us.

And, of course, INDULGE in something TODAY.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

NDULGE in Audiobooks

Aphrodite's Kiss
Like Honey
Blindness
Lifers
Given
Tease Me
Uncovering You: The Contract
Breathe Into Me
Deception
Promiscuous
Before You Break
When You're Ready
The Hazards of Skinny Dipping
The Rise of the Hotel Dumort
Being Chase
Misappropriate
Misled
Misled
The Amazon's Curse
Night Games


Ndulgent Bloggers's favorite books »