Friday, February 1, 2013

For 10 long years Friday

This has been a terrible week. If it could go wrong this week it did. We fought the weather again. closing schools and cancelling activities because it's calling for snow. I think I covered my thoughts on that topic last week so I'll leave it alone for now but next week is a whole other story. I was thankful for this FABULOUS book this week to make it all better.......


How To Drive a Dragon Crazy by G.A Aiken

Some things never go away, like vile enemies, bad ale, and annoying kin. Honestly, though, I thought I was finished with the one dragon I’d have done anything for: Éibhear the Blue, a big, gorgeous, blue-haired beast who thinks the world belongs to him. The world and, apparently, me. If Éibhear wants to play the caring hero and travel into the most forsaken of Gods forsaken lands to protect the one woman who doesn’t need it—namely me—I’ll let him. Because while I’m trying to fulfill a ridiculous quest for a pushy god, I’m going to draw this overconfident warlord much too close, rekindle his fires, and enjoy every minute of his delicious defeat...

This was such a surprise to find this book in my Kindle after it's swim this summer. When I was flipping thru the titles looking for something to read I couldn't believe my eyes. In the trauma that I sustained after my Kindle's unfortunate swim I never read this book. I'd been waiting for Eibhear's book. I mean come on he has blue hair! How cool is that? I was always sure Eibhear and Izzy would  find their way to one another but I was never sure how it would happen. I didn't realize it would take 10 years and my adorable blue haired dragon would be transformed into the most feared warriors of the Mi-runach. There was so much great stuff going on in this book. I don't know where to begin. Aside from Eibhear and Izzys's story line there is the usual dragon family drama between siblings and mates. Dagmar inherits her young nephew and Talaith and Annwyl have to let their children grow up and move on so they can prepare for what is to come (Yeah! That means more books to come). Rhi must go with Talaith's mother and grandmother to learn how to control her magic. Talwyn goes with the Kyvich and you'll never guess where Talan goes (and his father says he only has one gift and that's with the females).

I give this book 5 chocolate dipped strawberries and some sunscreen for the trip they take to Talaith and Izzy's homeland.

Welcome Macsen. Izzy's dog/monster to the family.
PEACE

1 comment:

  1. I'm feeling you on the crappy week, this past week has just not been good. At least you got in a good read! I'm gonna have to add this one to my TBR, thanks for the review :) Book Savvy Babe

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for making a comment. We love to talk about books! To keep posted on everything going on with the Ndulgent Bloggers, FOLLOW us.

And, of course, INDULGE in something TODAY.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

NDULGE in Audiobooks

Aphrodite's Kiss
Like Honey
Blindness
Lifers
Given
Tease Me
Uncovering You: The Contract
Breathe Into Me
Deception
Promiscuous
Before You Break
When You're Ready
The Hazards of Skinny Dipping
The Rise of the Hotel Dumort
Being Chase
Misappropriate
Misled
Misled
The Amazon's Curse
Night Games


Ndulgent Bloggers's favorite books »