Sunday, June 23, 2013

Stacey Kennedy Interview

Greetings and Salutations Guilty Indulgence followers! We are super excited this month to spotlight our monthly book club selection Stacey Kennedy's Werewolves Be Damned. Our week kicks off with a super awesome interview with our delightful new author friend and continues with daily reviews and a recap of our meeting. Please make sure to return daily and make a comment to win a super prize pack including an e-book and swag!  And without further ado....




When and why did you begin writing?

My journey as a writer all began as a way to keep my brain alive since being a stay at home mom can be a little let’s say―numbing. It was an escape from screaming kids, dirty diapers and plain old mom duty. It started as a hobby, but as the stories progressed it became a passion, especially when it comes down to the juicy bits. Every mom needs a good thrill!

When did you first consider yourself a writer?

The day I wrote my first book.


What inspired you to write your first book ?

Nexi, from WEREWOLVES BE DAMNED, inspired me. A little fun fact is that the MAGIC & MAYHEM series was first published as short novels and written in the first person. Entangled Publishing picked up the series, and I rewrote the books into third person (yes, Kyden needed his point-of-view in those books. I don’t know what I was thinking leaving him out!) and I lengthened them. So, it was Nexi’s character that came to me one day, and I just sat down and decided to write her story! The rest is history now...

Tell us about how or what inspired you to turn to paranormal romance.

I write in the paranormal romance genre, because I adore it. It’s my favorite genre to read and I honestly have a total blast writing it. I’m totally one of those authors who write because I have fun doing it. All of my books are written for my own personal enjoyment and it just makes me so happy that other people enjoy them, too.

What book are you reading now?

I just finished Sylvia Day’s ENTWINED WITH YOU, and now I’m onto Katie MacAlister’s, TIME THIEF. Now if only I had more time to actually read!

Are there any authors that have grabbed your interest?

I adore Katie MacAlister’s dragon series and Sylvia Day’s Crossfire novels. I love Jennifer L. Armentrout’s Lux series. Jeaniene Frost is an auto-buy for me and I adore the Night Huntress world, especially Vlad. But Keri Arthur is, by far, my favorite author and who inspires me the most. I love everything about her books; the mystery, the sexual tension and the fantasy elements. Her Riley Jenson Guardian novels were the books that made me fall in love with the genre. Now, I’m totally obsessed with her Dark Angels novels and just can’t get enough!

What are your current projects?

I’ve got a couple things on the schedule right now. I’m currently working on MAGIC & MAYHEM #2, WITCHES BE DAZZLED, which has a release date of November 18, 2013. On August 5th, I have a new steamy BDSM series called, CLUB SIN, with the first book, CLAIMED to release on August 5th with Loveswept. Then the next PACT OF SEDUCTION book will come out on September 24th! So, yes, lots and lots of stories on the go! FUN!

Who designed the covers and do you have any control?

I write for a few publishers, which means I have many cover artists that have designed my pretty covers. Truthfully, some publishers let you have a lot of control, while others don’t. But I’ve never been disappointed—I have been blessed with really beautiful covers!

What was the hardest part of writing your book?

Rewrites. I loathe them! I love creating a story and I don’t even mind edits, but those first round rewrites I could seriously live without! Of course, I do them, but just ask my hubby…I get very grumpy during rewrites.

What is your guilty indulgence?

Naughty books and chocolate! Need I say more?!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for making a comment. We love to talk about books! To keep posted on everything going on with the Ndulgent Bloggers, FOLLOW us.

And, of course, INDULGE in something TODAY.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

NDULGE in Audiobooks

Aphrodite's Kiss
Like Honey
Blindness
Lifers
Given
Tease Me
Uncovering You: The Contract
Breathe Into Me
Deception
Promiscuous
Before You Break
When You're Ready
The Hazards of Skinny Dipping
The Rise of the Hotel Dumort
Being Chase
Misappropriate
Misled
Misled
The Amazon's Curse
Night Games


Ndulgent Bloggers's favorite books »