Friday, October 25, 2013

Find a way out Friday

Fall greetings from the coldest person in the world.... ME! I just finished lunch with my daughter who is here on a field trip. I'm fortunate that I am still cool and was able to enjoy lunch with her and her friends. As I approached her group I notice her best friend is wearing her Harry Potter scarf we bought her last year for her birthday. We have turned all of her friends into Potter a holics. Once they read all of those they moved on to Percy Jackson and since the latest book from it's sister series just came out they all are awaiting their turn to read it. Which reminded me I needed to finish posting my thoughts on these books. Anytime My children take the time to read as fervently as they have with with series it's well worth my time to read it too and spread the love.....




The Battle of the Labyrinth by Rick Riordan
When demonic cheerleaders invade his high school, Percy Jackson hurries to Camp Half Blood, from whence he and his demigod friends set out on a quest through the Labyrinth, while the war between the Olympians and the evil Titan lord Kronos draws near.



I must say that I am so enjoying this series. The mythology nerd in me is having a field day! Percy is growing up and inching closer to his dreaded 16th birthday. His girl troubles are beginning as well ans I'm sorry to say that I think no matter what he says or does he won't please Annabeth. Only one more book to go in this series and my quest to my daughter is complete. Love these books:) PEACE




1 comment:

  1. When mine were teens we liked the Dragon Riders of Pern series by Anne McCaffrey and started a life long love affair with the Disc World books by Terry Pratchett. Both are aquired tastes -- and you should sample them first -- but we LOVED reading them together and discussing the plot lines and characters.

    happy friday!
    :0)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for making a comment. We love to talk about books! To keep posted on everything going on with the Ndulgent Bloggers, FOLLOW us.

And, of course, INDULGE in something TODAY.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

NDULGE in Audiobooks

Aphrodite's Kiss
Like Honey
Blindness
Lifers
Given
Tease Me
Uncovering You: The Contract
Breathe Into Me
Deception
Promiscuous
Before You Break
When You're Ready
The Hazards of Skinny Dipping
The Rise of the Hotel Dumort
Being Chase
Misappropriate
Misled
Misled
The Amazon's Curse
Night Games


Ndulgent Bloggers's favorite books »