Friday, October 18, 2013

Finish First Friday

Ahhhh Friday....I have been waiting for you. I've had a couple of days this week where I lost my organizational skills. I hate when that happens. I recovered with out missing a step but it still drives me insane. Looking forward to this weekend. Going to work on Halloween costumes this weekend, monthly dinner with my family and soccer Sunday and getting to hug Jill on Saturday!!!! Great weekend calls for a great book.......

The Darkest Surrender by Gena Showalter

Possessed by the demon of Defeat, Strider cannot lose a challenge without suffering unimaginable pain. For him, nothing stands in the way of victory. Until Kaia, an enchanting Harpy, tempts him to the razor's edge of surrender.Known among her people as The Disappointment, Kaia must bring home the gold in the Harpy Games or die. Strider is a distraction she can't afford because he has an agenda of his own-steal first prize, an ancient godly artifact, before the winner can be named. But as the competition heats up, only one prize will matter-the love neither had thought possible...

This is my favorite book in this series so far! I knew it was going to be good when the book started out with Kaia and her sister Bianka aka the Heavenly Hills Ho are dress shopping and the look they are trying to achieve is slutty yet sophisticated. Since we're on the topic of fashion I give Sabin winner of the best male t shirt slogan ever! I also learned a bit of excellent advice from William.....never confirm or deny something you've done, but always threaten those who question you. While at the Harpy Olympics we meet Neeka. She has a small part but when your voted most likely to go off the deep end and kill everyone around, that sounds like my kind of people.

I give this book 5 chocolate dipped strawberries and a first aid kit living with Harpies is dangerous.
PEACE

2 comments:

  1. God I love this series been waiting for this to come out

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is one of my favorite series! I may have to re-read this one. ;)
    Thanks for sharing your thoughts.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for making a comment. We love to talk about books! To keep posted on everything going on with the Ndulgent Bloggers, FOLLOW us.

And, of course, INDULGE in something TODAY.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

NDULGE in Audiobooks

Aphrodite's Kiss
Like Honey
Blindness
Lifers
Given
Tease Me
Uncovering You: The Contract
Breathe Into Me
Deception
Promiscuous
Before You Break
When You're Ready
The Hazards of Skinny Dipping
The Rise of the Hotel Dumort
Being Chase
Misappropriate
Misled
Misled
The Amazon's Curse
Night Games


Ndulgent Bloggers's favorite books »