Friday, November 15, 2013

Friend of Fashion Friday

I'm extremely cold! Ok now that I have shared that I can move on. This week I enjoyed having only only one sport to keep up with. Of course I felt like I was forgetting something and I had this stuff called free time in the evening. What's that??? I guess there is a plus to cold weather. It means the beginning of the holiday season, movie watching (did you go see Mortal Instruments back in August?) and book reading. The following would be a great book series to start with........




Vampires, Scones and Edmund Herondale (#3 The Bane Chronicles) by Cassandra Clare
When immortal warlock Magnus Bane attends preliminary peace talks between the Shadowhunters and the Downworlders in Victorian London, he is charmed by two very different people: the vampire Camille Belcourt and the young Shadowhunter, Edmund Herondale. Will winning hearts mean choosing sides?













Once again number 3 in this series was a complete joy to read. Made my day laying on the couch more awesome. I'm loving Magnus's eye for fashion. I would love to just sit and people watch with him. The next time I see a fashion faux pas I'm going to follow Magnus's line of thought...."I am prepared to charitably believe your were drunk when you got dressed". Which goes along with my favorite piece of fashion advice "Just because they make it in your size doesn't mean you should wear it". I can't tell you how many times I've bought something got it home and put it on and then thought to myself this is not a good idea! Magnus also shares his rules to live by and Edmund shares his view on marriage..."Why have just one bonbon when you can have the whole box". Wise words from wise men? Maybe,maybe not.

I give this book 4 chocolate dipped strawberries and a latte to go with the scone.

PEACE

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for making a comment. We love to talk about books! To keep posted on everything going on with the Ndulgent Bloggers, FOLLOW us.

And, of course, INDULGE in something TODAY.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

NDULGE in Audiobooks

Aphrodite's Kiss
Like Honey
Blindness
Lifers
Given
Tease Me
Uncovering You: The Contract
Breathe Into Me
Deception
Promiscuous
Before You Break
When You're Ready
The Hazards of Skinny Dipping
The Rise of the Hotel Dumort
Being Chase
Misappropriate
Misled
Misled
The Amazon's Curse
Night Games


Ndulgent Bloggers's favorite books »