Friday, January 7, 2011

First Friday Blog of 2011

Happy 2011! I hope everyone had a great New Year's Eve celebration. I had the best one ever. There's nothing like celebrating with your closest friends. Bring on 2011, the year of the "muchiness" ( thanks Tim Burton for teaching me this new word).


This week I'm gonna share with you a new series I just started a couple of weeks ago. It's a series from G.A. Aiken that involves dragons that can shift into humans. A fun twist to this is that they prefer to be in dragon form. There's so much I love about these books but I think the thing that stands out most is the fact that they make me laugh out loud. The characters have so much personality. As I'm reading I'm thinking to myself, holy cow that sounds like someone I know! AND let me tell you there's nothing like a woman giving a man a good run for their money. Brings a smile to my face. Make 'em work for it girl!


Here's a quick peek on how the series starts.
The Dragon Queen has a daughter, Rhiannon, who she knows will be more powerful than she one day and will challenge her for her throne. So, how do you get rid of her? Betroth her to a dragon that will do it for you. Only problem is mama didn't plan on them really falling in love. Bercelek has been given Rhiannon to take as his wife but they'd rather kill each other than be trapped in a cave togather. Many fights and happy nights later they fall in love or as close to love as they're gonna get. The rest of the series is about the children they have togather and how they meet their happily ever afters. My favorite thus far is Gwenvael's story.


What a Dragon Should Know by G.A. Aiken


Only for those I love would I traipes into the merciless Northlands to risk life,limb,and my exquisite beauty. But do they appreciate it? Do they say,"Gwenvael the Handsome, you are the best among us- the most loved of all dragons"? No! For centuries my family has refused to acknowledge my magnificence as well as my innate humility. Yet for them, and because I am so chivalrous, I will brave the worst this land has to offer.


So here I stand, waiting to broker an alliance with the one the Northlanders call The Beast. A being so fearful, the greatest warriors will only whisper its name. Yet, I, Gwenvael, will courageously face down this terrifying... woman? It turns out The Beast a.ka. Dagmar Reinholdt, is a woman-one with steel-gray eyes and shocking disregard for my good looks. Beneath her plain robes and prim spectacles lies a sensual creature waiting to be unleashed. Who better than a dragon to thaw out that icy demeanor?


And who better than a beast to finally tame a mighty dragon's heart?


I give this book 4 chocolate dipped strawberries and some nice vanilla scented lotion for those nasty marks that chains can leave on your skin (read all the books!).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for making a comment. We love to talk about books! To keep posted on everything going on with the Ndulgent Bloggers, FOLLOW us.

And, of course, INDULGE in something TODAY.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

NDULGE in Audiobooks

Aphrodite's Kiss
Like Honey
Blindness
Lifers
Given
Tease Me
Uncovering You: The Contract
Breathe Into Me
Deception
Promiscuous
Before You Break
When You're Ready
The Hazards of Skinny Dipping
The Rise of the Hotel Dumort
Being Chase
Misappropriate
Misled
Misled
The Amazon's Curse
Night Games


Ndulgent Bloggers's favorite books »