Friday, April 1, 2011

Feehan Friday

Welcome to April my peeps! Too bad I just came in from my walk and it was snowing! Really? Snow? All I got to say is 29 more days till tanning bed. Not that I'm counting and carrying my lotion with me already. Just saying. It's gonna be a long next couple of weeks. Got some big books coming up to read that I've been waitting for what seems like forever. I feel some late nights coming on. This week I'm gonna brief ya on the wonderful world of the Carpathians by Christne Feehan. Dark Legend by Christine Feehan He woke deep within the ground, and the first sensation he felt was hunger. An overwhelming hunger for blood that demanded satisfaction. But as he hunted the dark streets of Paris for prey, a voice called to him, soothing, calming, giving him the strength to control his craving. Francesca Del Ponce was a healer, a woman who radiated goodness as powerfully as the sun did light. But surely his obsession with her would turn him as his twin brother had turned, leaving the world with two monsters instead of one. Though he knew she would be like hot silk in his arms, though he knew the taste of her would be addictive, he feared for her life and his soul if he took her. Then with one mind-shattering vow she gave herself - "I offer freely, without reservation, I offer my life for yours as is my right" - and with a firestorm of long-forgotten feelings, he glimpsed salvation. There are so many wonderful books in this series. It was so hard to choose which one to blog about. So … I’m going to go with the most current one that I just finished. I will admit that they all kinda start out the same. The male Carpathian lead is on the edge of losing his battle to the Darkness when he discovers his lifemate who saves him from becoming the very thing they hunt. What is it they hunt you ask…. Carpathian males lose their ability to see colors and feel emotions once they hit a certain point in their life and they haven’t found their lifemate. Once the weight of this becomes too much to bare they must decide to either meet the dawn or turn vampire. Males that are able must search the world over to kill these vampires because they are a threat to their race as well as the human race. Gabriel wakes from a long sleep to find himself in modern Paris. Not only is he in an unfamiliar world but his twin Lucian is also awake and hunting. Lucian is believed to have turned vampire the very thing they have spent their lives hunting. They made a pact to be the one to end the other’s life when the time came, but Gabriel has been chasing his twin unsuccessfully. In addition to the task of tracking his brother Gabriel finds his lifemate Francesca, a female Carpathian that has been hiding as a human healer. Now that Gabriel has found his lifemate and has regained his emotions. Will he have the strength to carry out his promise to his bother Lucian and rid the earth of another vampire? I give this book and the rest of the series 4 chocolate dipped strawberries and for those of us that have no desire to “go to ground” to sleep I give you a big cozy bed because I got three words for you BUGS AND WORMS!

1 comment:

  1. I might be the only one in our book club who hasn't read this series. I'll have to get on it so I can join in the discussions.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for making a comment. We love to talk about books! To keep posted on everything going on with the Ndulgent Bloggers, FOLLOW us.

And, of course, INDULGE in something TODAY.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

NDULGE in Audiobooks

Aphrodite's Kiss
Like Honey
Blindness
Lifers
Given
Tease Me
Uncovering You: The Contract
Breathe Into Me
Deception
Promiscuous
Before You Break
When You're Ready
The Hazards of Skinny Dipping
The Rise of the Hotel Dumort
Being Chase
Misappropriate
Misled
Misled
The Amazon's Curse
Night Games


Ndulgent Bloggers's favorite books »