Friday, April 15, 2011

Find me that book Friday!

Greetings and salutations! It's been a crazy week. For once I had no extra work hours but that was replaced with my son recuperating from pneumonia. Hate to see my little man sick. He's feeling better now and took the field Wednesday for his first Tball game. He was super! Had two awesome days of weather this week. Love to walk during lunch and smell all the spring flowers that are blooming on campus. Reminds me how truly blessed I am. My motto, everyday is a good day. No matter how full and heavy your plate gets you have two choices. One, you can moan and complain or, two, you can be awesome. I choose to be awesome!


Looking forward to hanging out tomorrow with my family watching the first part of Harry Potter #7 and just chill'n. But before I go start the cupcakes for tomorrow let me tell you about one of my most favorite series that is written by Sherrilyn Kenyon the Dark Hunter series. Tyra and I were talking and couldn't believe we haven't blogged about these books yet. We all have read them and love 'em!




I'm going to talk about the first one in the series Fantasy Lover. A quick peek into the storyline.... these men have chosen to serve the goddess Artemis (heifer goddess). They are all marked with her signature double bow and arrow. Each book is how these Dark Hunters find their true loves. Now, on to Julian and Grace's story.




Fantasy Lover by Sherrilyn Kenyon






Being trapped in a bedroom with a woman is a grand thing. Being trapped in hundreds of bedrooms over two thousand years isn't. And being cursed into a book as a love-slave for eternity can ruin even a Spartan warrior's day. As a love-slave, I knew everything about women. How to touch them, how to savor them, and most of all how to pleasure them. But when I was summoned to fulfill Grace Alexander's sexual fantasies, I found the first woman in history who saw me as a man with a tormented past. She, alone, bothered to take me out of the bedroom and into the world. She taught me to love again. But I was not born to know love. I was cursed to walk eternity alone. As a general, I had long ago accepted my sentence. Yet now I have found Grace-the one thing my wounded heart cannot survive without. Sure, love can heal all wounds, but can it break a two thousand year old curse? Julian of Macedon






Just so you know I have been asking for this "book" for my birthday for several years now and still haven't got it! For the record it wasn't due to bad behavior that I didn't get it because I've been fairly good for the most part. Depending on how you define good. Moving on... As you know it's rare that I like the first book in a series but this book sold me. Each book introduces you to more characters and these characters show up in other books as well. I have moved the latest, book one and book two The Chronicles of Nick to the top of my to read list. That's how much I like them. I'm having a hard time just talking about one!




This book is kinda like the intro to this series. The next book in the series really opens it up. I totally recommend checking out Sherrilyn Kenyon's web site and looking at the books (and jot down the reading order, duh!) Read a couple of them and shoot me a message here on the blog and let me know how you feel about freeing Apollymi. I say let her out! Stuff will grow back... in time.




I give this book and all in this series 5 chocolate dipped strawberries and a bottle of BBQ sauce. (This reference will make more sense to you after you've read a couple of the books. I love me some Simi. I think that may be what I come back as in my next life! Have a great week and choose to be awesome.)

2 comments:

  1. This series and the Carpathian series are the books that brought Jenn and I together while sitting in the karate dojo watching Jordan and Emma kick butt. I mean if you have to sit in a building that smells like feet for an hour twice a week for 4 years you might as well be escaping with some REALLY HAWT men!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's a totally true story - for months we sat in the same row, reading, trying desperately to ignore the rancid smell of adolescent feet and Mr. Clean - never knowing we were sharing the same guilty indulgence. One day we flashed each other small smiles and book covers and two fast friends were formed instanteously! I learned about this series from my soul sister Liz, who learned about it from....and so on and so on and so on! That is the way the best series get shared!!!

    Kim is totally right though - you have to read this series (and she is awesome!)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for making a comment. We love to talk about books! To keep posted on everything going on with the Ndulgent Bloggers, FOLLOW us.

And, of course, INDULGE in something TODAY.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

NDULGE in Audiobooks

Aphrodite's Kiss
Like Honey
Blindness
Lifers
Given
Tease Me
Uncovering You: The Contract
Breathe Into Me
Deception
Promiscuous
Before You Break
When You're Ready
The Hazards of Skinny Dipping
The Rise of the Hotel Dumort
Being Chase
Misappropriate
Misled
Misled
The Amazon's Curse
Night Games


Ndulgent Bloggers's favorite books »