Tuesday, May 24, 2011

TUESDAY!!!!!

I know 5 exclamation points seems a bit extreme for a Tuesday, but I am trying to psych myself up to make it through the rest of the week. Things are crazy for me for the next two weeks, I have the end of the school year coming up and I am trying to find fun, exciting, inexpensive things for my kids to do for the summer. And the end of the regular season for baseball is coming up so I am preparing for the end of the season tourny and making sure the concession stand is stocked and ready to go. I did find some time to do a little internet surfing trying to find a Steampunk costume for the Authors After Dark conference that we GI girls are going to in Philly in August. I found some cute things and now I just need to make a decision.I just really hate to buy things that I haven't tried on...for those of us that are a plus size buying things online can be a nightmare!! So the book that I want to talk to you about today comes from a series that has a bit of EVERYTHING. And by everything I mean it runs the gambit from paranormal M/F to paranormal M/M, to contemporary-western M/M and M/F back to paranormal M/M and then just for shits and giggles lets throw in some murder-suspense M/M/F. LOL The series I speak of is The Hawkins Ranch series by Cameron Dane and man can that lady write a smokin' hot love scene. The book I am going to share with you today is the most recent release in the series and it is called Becoming Three.




Becoming Three, Cameron Dane, Loose Id
Deputy Jace Maxwell looks out for Sarah Tennison, and wants her. Although the fiery feisty woman is a friend, he knows he can’t have her. Because as much as he craves Sarah, he also lives with a secret, fierce attraction for men. And Sarah just won't understand.
Sarah has suppressed her love for Jace, knowing he only sees her as a chore. Enter cowboy Jasper Simmons. Jasper is as sweet and gentle as Jace is hard. Sarah tries to keep both men separate in her mind, but can’t stop fantasizing about being tangled and sweaty in bed with both of them.
When Jasper finds a dead woman nailed to a tree, he is thrown into contact with Jace. The proximity unearths an attraction neither of them had felt before. Seeing Jace with Jasper in an emotion-filled situation gets Sarah wondering if her roommate is keeping secrets. Then Jasper admits to Sarah he once had a crush on another man, Jace suddenly kisses her in a shocking lapse of control, and suddenly Sarah's fantasies are taking on a vivid reality.
Will sweet, awkward Jasper be the key to two becoming three?


Sarah Tennison is living with her brothers best friend while he is away in Afghanistan with the military. Sarah has had a crush and Jace for as long as she can remember. But for Jace, Sarah is completely off limits due to her age and the fact that her brother asked him to keep her safe. Being around Jace every day not only at home, but at her job in the sheriffs office could make a sexually frustrated girl crazy. Giving up on Jace, Sarah starts dating and falls in love with Jasper Simmons a cowboy from the Hawkins ranch.

When Jasper finds a dead body on the ranch and Jace is called in to investigate, it stirs up feelings that both men have a hard time dealing with.

For me this is the best book in the series. While Jasper's broken grammar is kind of annoying to read it was such a part of his character I could overlook it. Everything doesn't fall right into place for this threesome, they have some problems to work through, jealousy, and denial are the two biggest. But when the three do come together it is some of the hottest sex scenes that I have read. I loved the fact that Sarah didn't shy away from her sexuality at all and asked for what she wanted in bed. The murder mystery part of the story really helped carry the story line and left me guessing right until the end. A lot of the characters from past books show up in this story so you get glimpses into their lives which is always a plus for me. I am looking forward to the next installment in this series, Quick to the Hunt, coming from Loose Id in July of this year. I give Becoming Three 5 chocolate dipped strawberries and the whole Hawkins Ranch series 5 chocolate dipped strawberries just for it's genre jumping.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for making a comment. We love to talk about books! To keep posted on everything going on with the Ndulgent Bloggers, FOLLOW us.

And, of course, INDULGE in something TODAY.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

NDULGE in Audiobooks

Aphrodite's Kiss
Like Honey
Blindness
Lifers
Given
Tease Me
Uncovering You: The Contract
Breathe Into Me
Deception
Promiscuous
Before You Break
When You're Ready
The Hazards of Skinny Dipping
The Rise of the Hotel Dumort
Being Chase
Misappropriate
Misled
Misled
The Amazon's Curse
Night Games


Ndulgent Bloggers's favorite books »