Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Hello Hello Hello

Hello all, I am finally starting to feel like myself again after surgery. It hit me a little harder than I was expecting. Thanks for all the thoughts and prayers from everyone and a big thanks to Barry and the kids for taking such great care of me.

I didn't get a lot of reading done while rehabing because I found that I just couldn't concentrate. I did however get caught up on one long running series and that is the Warriors of Poseidon by Alyssa Day. I was two books behind so now I am all caught up and soo ready for Alaric's book. I am ready to see the big man be happy. In the mean time here is what I thought of Vampire in Atlantis.


Vampire in Atlantis, Alyssa Day
Daniel, vampire and ally of the Warriors of Poseidon, has fought on the side of humanity—even against his fellow creatures of the night—for more than 11,000 years. But the crushing weight of futility and the reality of always being starkly, utterly alone has forced him to finally give into despair. He took the first step into the sunlight that would destroy him—and instead walked into Atlantis.
Eleven thousand years ago, Serai was one of a group who agreed to be placed into magical stasis to ensure the future of the Atlantean race. When a dark sorceress steals the gemstone that protects her sleeping sisters, she awakens to a vastly changed world—and the one man she could never, ever forget. And with an ancient evil tracking their every step, the long-lost lovers must battle both the darkest of magic and the treacheries of their own hearts.



Serai was a young Atlantean woman who was put in stasis for the good of the race and to protect the future of Atlantis. When she was awakened she was supposed to marry the King. However, she was trapped for over eleven thousand years only having occasional times of semi-consciousness. When the stone that holds the women in stasis starts to fluctuate in power causing Serai to come fully awake. Serai takes this opportunity to free herself and vows to do everything she can to free the other women. When she discovers that Conlan, her proposed husband, has married a human woman and never bothered to awaken her or the other women she is enraged. However, she discovers that the stone that holds them is in the hands of a dark witch and if it isn’t found soon, it will kill her and the rest of the women.

Daniel is an eleven thousand year old vampire and he is weary of life and has decided to meet the sun and true death. But just as the sun is rising he is sucked into Atlantis only to find the only woman he has ever loved and who he thought died all those years ago. Daniel vows to help Serai free the other maidens even if he can never have a life with her.

This is another strong installment in the WoP series. This is a book about redemption but there is also plenty of action. Daniel has been one of the most intriguing characters all along and I was very glad to see that he got a book of his own. The more I learned about Daniel the more I liked him and thought Serai was a great match for him. Serai is another strong heroine which is something that Ms. Day is very good at writing.I was also glad to finally see something about the maidens that had been put into stasis, this was a plot thread that I had been wondering about since the first book.

This book seemed to have a lot more sub-plot action going on than in others and you as a reader can feel that we are getting ready for something big to happen. And while this is true there were still some moments in this book that made me laugh and helped balance out a lot of the drama. The addition of some new strong and interesting secondary character's gives me hope that this series still has plenty of action to come.
I give Vampire in Atlantis 4 chocolate dipped strawberries and a cake.(cause lets face if if I had been in stasis for 11,000 years the first thing I would want is cake.)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for making a comment. We love to talk about books! To keep posted on everything going on with the Ndulgent Bloggers, FOLLOW us.

And, of course, INDULGE in something TODAY.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

NDULGE in Audiobooks

Aphrodite's Kiss
Like Honey
Blindness
Lifers
Given
Tease Me
Uncovering You: The Contract
Breathe Into Me
Deception
Promiscuous
Before You Break
When You're Ready
The Hazards of Skinny Dipping
The Rise of the Hotel Dumort
Being Chase
Misappropriate
Misled
Misled
The Amazon's Curse
Night Games


Ndulgent Bloggers's favorite books »