Thursday, December 1, 2011

Mine, Lord Nicolai, Mine.


I am not going to repeat a summary or story details because we’re all reviewing the same book this week. Let me just say that Lord of the Vampires by Gena Showalter was a great book club choice. It had the suspense, action, and romance to keep all of us happy.  And that is no easy feat – keeping seven women happy – no mortal man could handle it. But leave it to Nicolai, Lord of the Vampires, to meet the challenge.

Once upon a time…the Blood Sorcerer vanquished the kingdom of Elden. To save their children, the queen scattered them to safety and the king filled them with a need for vengeance. Only a magical timepiece connects the four royal heirs…and time is running out. Nicolai the Vampire is renowned for his virility, but in a cruel twist of fate “The Dark Seducer” has become a sex slave in the kingdom of Delfina—stripped of his precious timepiece and his memory. All that remains is a primal need for freedom, revenge—and the only woman who can help him. When the wanton vampire summons Jane Parker, she is helpless to obey. She's drawn to his dark sexuality and into his magical realm. But for this human, all is not a fairy tale. For saving Nicolai could mean losing the only man she's ever craved... 
Aside from the “once upon a time” bit in the book’s blurb, this is not a fairytale you’ll find in any Disney movie. But I loved it anyway. With all my must-have elements for a paranormal incorporated in this book, I was quite smitten. I will admit to being a bit bored with the flashbacks – it slowed down the story a smidge - even though I understood they were necessary to establish groundwork for the series. Then still at other times I was thrown by the erratic flashes of memory.

I loved Nicolai. His whole "mine” thing was totally hot. A big fan of the predestined mate plot, I just adored his alpha male protector attitude. Understandably he has some issues with anger and violence but his gentleness with Jane is sweet. And when he goes into that whole “mine” thing, I wanted it to be me in Jane’s place.

The concept behind the story was unique, the action fast-paced and the romance just enough. Truth be told, I am a Gena Showalter fan so it wasn’t a surprise that I’d like this book. But it did capture my attention so much that I plan to read the rest of the series… and I have high expectations of what is to come.

If it isn't yet obvious, my rating is 5 Chocolate-Dipped Strawberries... because Nicolai is that yummy.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for making a comment. We love to talk about books! To keep posted on everything going on with the Ndulgent Bloggers, FOLLOW us.

And, of course, INDULGE in something TODAY.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

NDULGE in Audiobooks

Aphrodite's Kiss
Like Honey
Blindness
Lifers
Given
Tease Me
Uncovering You: The Contract
Breathe Into Me
Deception
Promiscuous
Before You Break
When You're Ready
The Hazards of Skinny Dipping
The Rise of the Hotel Dumort
Being Chase
Misappropriate
Misled
Misled
The Amazon's Curse
Night Games


Ndulgent Bloggers's favorite books »