Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Dark Frost by Jennifer Estep

Hello my Guilty Indulgence peeps!! I hope everyone is enjoying their week and that you find LOTS of fabulous new books to read since it is new release day!!! Does anyone else wake up on Tuesday morning and turn on their Nook to see what new books down loaded over night??? It's a good thing that my Nook library is smarter that I am or I know I would end up purchasing the same book twice some days.

So the book that we have for you today hasn't actually been released yet. So we are here to "Pump You UP" and get you ready for later this month. If you have not read this series yet then you have time to buy the first two, Touch of Frost and Kiss of Frost, and get them read before the release of Dark Frost on May 29th. These are some of the best YA books that I have read in a while and they are a series that you shouldn't miss out on if you are a fan of Mythology.

Dark Frost, Jennifer Estep, Kensington
I’ve seen so many freaky things since I started attending Mythos Academy last fall. I know I’m supposed to be a fearless warrior, but most of the time, I feel like I’m just waiting for the next Bad, Bad Thing to happen. Like someone trying to kill me—again.
Everyone at Mythos Academy knows me as Gwen Frost, the Gypsy girl who uses her psychometry magic to find lost objects—and who just may be dating Logan Quinn, the hottest guy in school. But I’m also the girl the Reapers of Chaos want dead in the worst way. The Reapers are the baddest of the bad, the people who murdered my mom. So why do they have it in for me?
It turns out my mom hid a powerful artifact called the Helheim Dagger before she died. Now, the Reapers will do anything to get it back. They think I know where the dagger is hidden, but this is one thing I can’t use my magic to find. All I do know is that the Reapers are coming for me—and I’m in for the fight of my life.







Dark Frost picks up just a few weeks after Kiss of Frost. The students from Mythos Academy are about to return after the Christmas break and several of the second years are at a local museum to fulfill a homework assignment, when all hell breaks loose.

Yes that's right people this book starts with a BAM!!! Right out of the gate we are off and running and dealing with Reapers and magical bows and horns and death and it just never slows down. Usually in series it's right about now that we get, lets call them fillers, those books where we learn a lot about the world and the histories but not a lot of action. Well Ms. Estep put her boot down on that mold and broke it all to pieces. While we do get more background information there is so much going on in this book you better have a score card handy to keep everything straight. There will be things that make you laugh and things that make you cry and things that make you go, "OH NO SHE DIDN'T". And then once you get to the end you will be cryin for the next one!

Not only does Gwen go through some major upheaval but so do Daphne, Carson and Logan. Some of them come into new powers, some of them do some growing up and all of them kick some Reaper butt. One thing that Ms. Estep does well is channel into that 17 year old mindset. There were several things that Gwen did and I found myself yelling at the book and then had to take a step back and remind myself that not only is she only 17 but she is a fictional character and can't hear me. But that's one of the great things about these books that I become so involved when I read them I forget that sometimes.

It's not easy being the champion of Nike Goddess of victory, but Gwen and her friends are going to need all the help they can get!





RATING: 5 Chocolate-Dipped Strawberries This book was given to us by the author. Many thanks.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for making a comment. We love to talk about books! To keep posted on everything going on with the Ndulgent Bloggers, FOLLOW us.

And, of course, INDULGE in something TODAY.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

NDULGE in Audiobooks

Aphrodite's Kiss
Like Honey
Blindness
Lifers
Given
Tease Me
Uncovering You: The Contract
Breathe Into Me
Deception
Promiscuous
Before You Break
When You're Ready
The Hazards of Skinny Dipping
The Rise of the Hotel Dumort
Being Chase
Misappropriate
Misled
Misled
The Amazon's Curse
Night Games


Ndulgent Bloggers's favorite books »