Friday, January 18, 2013

For the love of coffee Friday

I know it's wrong to wish your days away and I try really hard not to but I wish it hot! Maybe the new end of the year temps could be in the 80's. It could be cold for Thanksgiving thru Christmas (ok maybe New Years) after that bring back those summer temps. everyone has been begging for snow but it seems to keep missing us. We've had one snow this winter and as far as I'm concerned that was plenty. I figure a few cold weeks is plenty of time for me to wear my cool fall/winter boots. I've really got into leggings and boots this season. Not sure how that happened? I work on a campus full of students. I have some words of advice for the ladies. There is a difference between TIGHTS and LEGGINGS. You need to learn the difference. YES there is a difference. Since I do not go outside unless I am being drug out by my hair this is what I read.....

Third Grave Dead Ahead by Darynda Jones
Paranormal private eye. Grim reaper extraordinaire. Whatever. Charley Davidson is back! And she's drinking copious amounts of caffeine to stay awake because every time she closes her eyes she sees him: Reyes Farrow, the part-human, part-supermodel son of Satan.

Granted she did imprison Reyes for all eternity, but how is she supposed to solve a missing-persons case, deal with an ego-driven doctor, calm her curmudgeonly dad, and take on a motorcycle gang hell-bent on murder when the devil's son just won't give up on his plan of seduction..... and revenge?


I started giggling before I even started reading the story. I love all the little bumper stickers and t shirt saying at the beginning of each chapter. Some of them need to be mine! As always Charley is styling in fabulous foot ware. Work it girl! One of my favorite things about this series is that all the character are important. None seem secondary. I also like how there are two story lines going on at the same time, One being the case Charley is working and the other is the Reyes situation. so many times i get into a book and there are two things going on and I find myself moaning and groaning about how they spent too much time on one (usually the one I wasn't interested in) and not enough on the other one. Not the case with any of these books. I will say I has an OMG Darynda what have you done moment. Fortunately I held it together and radon (very quickly I might add) and all was right with the world in the end.

I give this book 5 chocolate dipped strawberries and a pair of Jimmy Choos. I want a pair so very much myself.
P.S. Cookie needs a man:)
PEACE

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for making a comment. We love to talk about books! To keep posted on everything going on with the Ndulgent Bloggers, FOLLOW us.

And, of course, INDULGE in something TODAY.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

NDULGE in Audiobooks

Aphrodite's Kiss
Like Honey
Blindness
Lifers
Given
Tease Me
Uncovering You: The Contract
Breathe Into Me
Deception
Promiscuous
Before You Break
When You're Ready
The Hazards of Skinny Dipping
The Rise of the Hotel Dumort
Being Chase
Misappropriate
Misled
Misled
The Amazon's Curse
Night Games


Ndulgent Bloggers's favorite books »