Friday, February 22, 2013

Found a crack Friday

February is moving right along and almost gone! WOO HOO! No complaints here. Only 26 more days till spring. I will say that this month I have done alot of reading and read several new to me new authors. Here is a new one I picked up........

The Darkest Fire By Gena Showalter

Geryon is the guardian of hell, more monster than man. Kadence is the goddess of Oppression, more angel than woman. Together they will enter the flames to battle a dangerous horde of demon lords -- and discover a passion unlike any other . . .
Long ago, twelve immortals warriors – each more dangerously seductive than the last -- stole and opened Pandora’s box, unleashing the evil from within. Now they carry that evil within themselves. Violence, Pain, Death, Disease, Disaster, Misery, Doubt, Promiscuity, Defeat, Lies, Secrets, and Wrath. When a powerful enemy returns, they will travel the world in search of a sacred relic of the gods – one that threatens to destroy them all.

I'm living outside the box this week. If you saw my Kindle case it's covered with post it notes with release dates and what i want or need to read. But I came across this Gena Showalter bundle and I decided I want to start this series. So far it's been a good choice.
Geryon sold his soul and spends his days watching the wall in hell for escapees. He also follows the goddess Kadence on her routine inspection for cracks. Geryon doesn't think Kadence is for him. He has horns and fur...she on the other hand has other thoughts. When Kadence makes a deal with Lucifer when she finds a crack in the wall and requests that Geryon be the one that accompanies her to attempt to repair it.
I I enjoyed the story and I'm looking forward to the rest of this series. But I could have used a little more information on Kadence. I don't really understand what makes her so scary??
I give this story 3 chocolate dipped strawberries and a gold star for reminding us all to not judge a book by it's cover.
PEACE


 





No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for making a comment. We love to talk about books! To keep posted on everything going on with the Ndulgent Bloggers, FOLLOW us.

And, of course, INDULGE in something TODAY.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

NDULGE in Audiobooks

Aphrodite's Kiss
Like Honey
Blindness
Lifers
Given
Tease Me
Uncovering You: The Contract
Breathe Into Me
Deception
Promiscuous
Before You Break
When You're Ready
The Hazards of Skinny Dipping
The Rise of the Hotel Dumort
Being Chase
Misappropriate
Misled
Misled
The Amazon's Curse
Night Games


Ndulgent Bloggers's favorite books »