Thursday, July 4, 2013

13 Reasons to love Entwined With You

Happy July 4th! I picked a book that set off some fireworks for me while I read it - I bet it will for you too! Entwined with You (Crossfire #3) by Sylvia Day was everything I hoped it would be and more. For today's Thursday13, I present my favorite 13 quotes from the book. They are swoon-worthy!

  1. “If souls could be mated with wishes, ours would be inextricably entwined.” -Eva
  2. “Day One of my life was the day I met you.” -Gideon to Eva (sigh)
  3. “Angel, a crowd of millions couldn’t hide you from me. I found you once. I’ll always find you.” -Gideon
  4. “There wasn't a second that passed when you weren't on my mind. You own me, Eva. Wherever I am, whatever I'm doing, I belong to you.” -Gideon
  5. “I hate to freak you out,” I murmured between desperate kisses, “but you’ve got it real bad for me.” -Eva
  6. “From the moment I first saw him— saw through his stunning and impossibly gorgeous exterior to the dark and dangerous man inside— I’d felt the pull that came from finding the other half of myself. I needed him like I needed my heart to beat..." -Eva
  7. “The only way for a women to get my attention is to be you” -Gideon
  8. “What the hell was I supposed to do, Eva? I didn’t know you existed.” Gideon’s voice deepened, roughened. “If I’d known you were out there, I would’ve hunted you down. I wouldn’t have waited a second to find you..." -Gideon
  9. “Gideon was an untamed animal behind closed doors, a lover who bared me to the soul every time he made love to me.” -Eva
  10. “More like Cross blew your circuits during one of his sexathons. Still can’t get over that man’s stamina. Wish he’d swing my way and wear me out.” -Cary
  11. “I look at you, angel and I want you so badly. I want to be with you, listen to you, talk to you. I want to hear you 
  12. laugh and hold you when you cry. I want to sit next to you, breathe the same air, share the same life. I want to 
  13. wake up to you like this every day forever. I want you.” -Gideon
  14. “Goddamn it. Wait for me, Eva. I waited my whole life for you.” -Gideon
I'm a total sucker for romantic lines (ask my husband - he was a master at them when we dated!) so this little exchange hooked me completely.

13. “I’d stop the world from spinning for you.”
That silly line oddly touched me. “I love you.”
“Liked that one, did you?”


BLURB
The worldwide phenomenon continues as Eva and Gideon face the demons of their pasts, and accept the consequences of their obsessive desires…

From the moment I first met Gideon Cross, I recognized something in him that I needed. Something I couldn’t resist. I saw the dangerous and damaged soul inside–so much like my own. I was drawn to it. I needed him as surely as I needed my heart to beat.

No one knows how much he risked for me. How much I’d been threatened, or just how dark and desperate the shadow of our pasts would become.

Entwined by our secrets, we tried to defy the odds. We made our own rules and surrendered completely to the exquisite power of possession…

REVIEW
I loved the book and (thank God) it's not the end of Eva and Gideon. There's so much going on, so much more to know about these two and their friends that I'm biting my nails as I wait for the next book. Write, Sylvia, write!

Eva and Gideon have captured me with their imperfections and their ability to make each other complete despite so many odds against them. These aren't two perfect people. They have real issues and we get to watch them deal and cope with them like regular people. I can't get enough of them because they give off such a sense of hope that in the end, despite all the BS life throws at us, its being with the one we love that makes life worth the struggles.

RATING
5 Chocolate-Dipped Strawberries

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for making a comment. We love to talk about books! To keep posted on everything going on with the Ndulgent Bloggers, FOLLOW us.

And, of course, INDULGE in something TODAY.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

NDULGE in Audiobooks

Aphrodite's Kiss
Like Honey
Blindness
Lifers
Given
Tease Me
Uncovering You: The Contract
Breathe Into Me
Deception
Promiscuous
Before You Break
When You're Ready
The Hazards of Skinny Dipping
The Rise of the Hotel Dumort
Being Chase
Misappropriate
Misled
Misled
The Amazon's Curse
Night Games


Ndulgent Bloggers's favorite books »