Sunday, March 16, 2014

Hazardous #REVIEWS @AlyssaRoseIvy

The Hazards of Skinny Dipping (Hazards #1) by Alyssa Rose Ivy
This isn't a deep book about first loves or self-discovery. If you want a book like that, I'd be happy to recommend one, but I don't have that kind of story to tell. Instead my story is about rash decisions and finding out that your dream guy is bad in bed. It's the story of when I finally went skinny dipping, and how my life was never the same again. Oh, and it's also the story of my freshman year of college and realizing Mr. Right might have been there all along.

REVIEW
What a funny, light romantic read! The book, and its main character, is as quirky as the blurb. The author deals with a serious issue while keeping it all real and fresh. There were moments when Juliet made me grind my teeth but she ultimately pulled it together - very much the young adult learning as she goes along. Readers who enjoy their romance on the lighter side will like this book.

RATING
4 Chocolate-Dipped Strawberries
This book was given to us by the author as part of a review tour. Many thanks.




The Hazards of a One Night Stand (Hazards #2) by Alyssa Rose Ivy
One small town boy, one girl who wants more, one roll in the hay...

Hooking up with your high school crush is a bad idea, a really bad idea. It was only supposed to be one night, one brief departure from my real life, but nothing ever works out exactly the way you plan.

Colton Waters was everything from my past that didn't fit into my present, so why did he have to show up at my college and pledge the one frat I couldn't avoid?
Because nothing is ever meant to happen just once. At least not the life changing things that mean the difference between falling apart and falling in love.

REVIEW
The Hazards of a One Night Stand is a sweet and easy read. There's no "wow" factor but for readers who want a sweet new adult romance, this is it. Mallory and Colt’s relationship feels rushed - more like wait, wait, wait, go - since she strings him along forever because she doesn’t want a relationship and then BAM! they’re together. There were outside forces working against them as the author wove in a lot of threads to make the story appear more complex. What I really wanted though was more depth. I like the stories that go deeper and this is more a surface story - not bad, just not my cuppa. This book will definitely be great for readers who are looking for a light romance.

RATING
3 Chocolate-Dipped Strawberries
This book was given to us by the author as part of a review tour. Many thanks.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for making a comment. We love to talk about books! To keep posted on everything going on with the Ndulgent Bloggers, FOLLOW us.

And, of course, INDULGE in something TODAY.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

NDULGE in Audiobooks

Aphrodite's Kiss
Like Honey
Blindness
Lifers
Given
Tease Me
Uncovering You: The Contract
Breathe Into Me
Deception
Promiscuous
Before You Break
When You're Ready
The Hazards of Skinny Dipping
The Rise of the Hotel Dumort
Being Chase
Misappropriate
Misled
Misled
The Amazon's Curse
Night Games


Ndulgent Bloggers's favorite books »