Friday, June 17, 2011

Fighting Zombies Friday





Have I ever told you people how awesome my life is? No, well let me tell you! Yes, I have one full time job and a part time job. That makes planning ahead completely impossible. I have two wonderful children that keep me on the go everyday. I breathe and sleep soccer. In fact we will be heading to Fairfax this weekend for a tournament. I'm attempting to look after my mom who broke her ankle over Memorial day weekend. When I say broke I mean like 8 screws and a plate broke. I'm not sure how much help I am because I make fun of her most of the time! In addition to this I try to spend all the time I can with my grandfather. I've had to take over the mowing duties for him which is really hard for him because he loves to mow. I on the other hand don't mind mowing but this whole "there's a pattern to it" philosophy isn't working for me. The grass is cut what more do you want from me? With all that being said let's jump into my book for the week. The Chronicles Of Nick which ties into the Dark Hunter series reminds me of the Black Dagger Brotherhood series. I say this because they are like one big family and relationship that Nick and his mom Cherise have is one of great love. Like I've said before there's nothing a mother wouldn't so for her son and nothing a son wouldn't so for his mother.

Invincible by Sherrilyn Kenyon

Just when he thought things couldn’t get any worse...

Nick Gautier’s day just keeps getting better and better. Yeah, he survived the zombie attacks, only to wake up and find himself enslaved to a world of shape shifters and demons out to claim his soul.

His new principal thinks he’s even more of a hoodlum than the last one, his coach is trying to recruit him to things he can’t even mention and the girl he’s not seeing, but is, has secrets that terrify him.

But more than that, he’s being groomed by the darkest of powers and if he doesn’t learn how to raise the dead by the end of the week, he will become one of them...



Well as you can see I did it. I couldn't wait to borrow the book from someone. I had to go get it NOW. I mean, I was practically forced to buy it. I had a gift card and everything and it kept calling my name (dresses,shoes and purses have also known my name at times too. How do they do that?). Anyways... I put off blogging till Friday night about this book. Did I mention I got the book Friday afternoon? I was determined to blog about it this week. So here we go. This book digs deeper into Nick's childhood and his introduction into the Dark Hunter world. Again everyone and everything is out to get him. He faces all this and high school too. For Nick I'm not sure which one is worse for him. Another dilemma Nick faces is who can he trust. Everyone "says" they want to teach him and help him but he really doesn't know who he can trust. Being dropped into this world of shifters, weres and zombies would give anyone metal health issues! The more of this series I read the more I see in bits and pieces of where this all played a part in the regular Dark Hunter series. Certain things Ash said in other books ect.. I'll admit I had no idea that Nick would develop into such an important character.


I give this book 5 chocolate dipped strawberries and a gift card for Nick so he can buy some new shirts!


PEACE!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for making a comment. We love to talk about books! To keep posted on everything going on with the Ndulgent Bloggers, FOLLOW us.

And, of course, INDULGE in something TODAY.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

NDULGE in Audiobooks

Aphrodite's Kiss
Like Honey
Blindness
Lifers
Given
Tease Me
Uncovering You: The Contract
Breathe Into Me
Deception
Promiscuous
Before You Break
When You're Ready
The Hazards of Skinny Dipping
The Rise of the Hotel Dumort
Being Chase
Misappropriate
Misled
Misled
The Amazon's Curse
Night Games


Ndulgent Bloggers's favorite books »